Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

One Run for Boston

To disable ads, please log-in.

On July 1st 2013, One Run For Boston made running history by becoming the first ever non-stop relay to run across America - from Los Angeles to Boston. Over 2000 runners helped complete the 3300 mile journey. They raised $91,000 for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings, and an inspirational running community was born.

One Run For Boston was the brainchild of three British runners who wanted to show their support for those impacted by the bombings. They had no idea if the relay would work, let alone take off in the extraordinary way that it did. One Run For Boston became a symbol of hope and positivity that inspired a powerful grassroots movement that continues to unite the running community.

In 2014 One Run For Boston returns to blaze an even brighter trail across America, with a fundraising goal of $1,000,000 to be donated to The One Fund Boston. The journey starts March 16, 2014 in Santa Monica with Stage 1. The finale arrives in Boston on April 13, 2014—the eve of the 2014 Boston Marathon.

We’d love for you to be part of it.

http://www.onerunforboston.org/index.asp?

Many stages still need runners - many cities have group stages - or if you'd like to sponsor me, PM me.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

This was good information, I've passed it along to my gym to see if anyone wants to participate in the group Indianapolis stage. Wish I could run on pavement....

The relay is in progress!

John Odom, who was severely injured in the bombing, was the first to carry the baton in Santa Monica on March 16. The runners are now on schedule southeast of Albuquerque, NM!

You can follow the progress of the baton live here.

All donations are tax-deductible and will be passed-through 100% to The One Fund Boston. (Expenses of the relay are covered by runner registration fees and corporate sponsorships.) Every stage now has at least one runner, but more are welcome!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler