Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Nope I can't forgive. I've got a memory like an elephant. I'm just relishing the mounting losses at the court. Prop 8 made my life bit of a you know what at work with some of my religious co-workers. I told my GM not to pursue the matter with my co-workers. I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF IT MYSELF. So I'm very much enjoying all this bru-ha-ha.

Someone close told me "So awful in what is happening in Utah with the chaos..." R---eee---aaa---l--y. yawn. evil laugh. Conversation went straight down the drain.

So when is Utah county clerk going on an extended vacay?? Piute county clerk is on vacay so marriage licenses are not being issued.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    Nope I can't forgive. I've got a memory like an elephant. I'm just relishing the mounting losses at the court. Prop 8 made my life bit of a you know what at work with some of my religious co-workers. I told my GM not to pursue the matter with my co-workers. I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF IT MYSELF. So I'm very much enjoying all this bru-ha-ha.

Someone close told me "So awful in what is happening in Utah with the chaos..." R---eee---aaa---l--y. yawn. evil laugh. Conversation went straight down the drain.

So when is Utah county clerk going on an extended vacay?? Piute county clerk is on vacay so marriage licenses are not being issued.
    Yeah, it kinda was tough when our marriage was on verge of being voided by prop 8. I don't recommend this but I think it made us stronger. So I'm enjoying the chaos.

We got to watch the lawyers arguing the prop 8 case in San Francisco Federal court before it went to the Supremes. They were/are brilliant, like verbal chess or tennis. If you get a chance to see "8, the play" live or watch online, do.

I got my own miniature prop 8 trial over my unemployment bennies which was fun, if you think law is fun.

All counties now issuing licenses! Maybe they hired temps while clerks take a vacay? Congratulations, Utah!

http://equalityontrial.com/2013/12/2...s-sex-couples/
    Last edited by Trek420; 12-27-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Regarding Piute County, what does it mean to be out of town, when you live in a county where there really aren't any towns?
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    Nope I can't forgive.
    When I saw the LDS Church succeeding in getting California's Proposition 8 on the ballot and then the way they funded getting it passed, I couldn’t think of a stronger example of the need for separation of church and state.

Had a good conversation with some friends one night about teen homelessness and suicide in Utah and parents abandoning said teens for homophobic reason’s given to them by the LDS in their churches through anti-gay video’s, letters read from the churches leaders and strong fundraising for initiatives like Prop 8. If they could only see compassion and caring becoming real when they recognize a shared humanity instead of the condemnation that leads to their fear.
    As I already wrote a marriage license with Provo, Utah on it makes a huge smile go across my face…and prayers for the forgiveness that leads to everyone opening their hearts!…..that's a good personal practice in any case
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Congrats! If it happens here in Texas before we die we may take the plunge. After almost 14 years we already feel like an old married couple.
    I dunno. Judging from the news I would not be surprised if Texas moves forward soon. If I were a Texan I'd start looking for the perfect dresses, register on TE ...
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Re: Downtown Salt Lake City today...

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I dunno. Judging from the news I would not be surprised if Texas moves forward soon. If I were a Texan I'd start looking for the perfect dresses, register on TE ...
    Maybe a suit....hell will freeze over before I wear a dress :-) Karen (my partner) looks damn good in one though
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

This thread gave me the biggest, happiest smile I've had in a long time Congrats to all who have married (and to all those who hope to, I wish you well).

I live in the Australian Capital Territory where gay marriage was legal for about 6 days before the law was overturned by the High Court of Australia (equivalent roughly to your Supreme). It was wonderful for a few days to see the photos of the happy couples in the newspaper but very sad that their marriages now have no legal standing.

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Maybe a suit....hell will freeze over before I wear a dress :-) Karen (my partner) looks damn good in one though
    I thought the wedding attire was pretty fun in its wild diversity. I especially liked the photo of the woman in a wedding gown embracing the woman in a black hoodie. Since it was so close to Christmas, I had a giggle about "...Don we now our gay apparel..." For the occasion, what else could anyone dream of wearing?!

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    For the occasion, what else could anyone dream of wearing?!
    We wore t-shirts and jeans. Everyone wore jeans; minister, our witness. We'd been on the way to Lowe's to get a ladder when the minister called and said "I can fit you in between 3-5pm if you can get over here". Married in our church during the window before prop 8.

Maybe a do over because Knott looks fantastic in a dress. In anything really
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

It really is an amazing thing. I just want to keep checking the marriage certificate to see that it's real and legal.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    It really is an amazing thing. I just want to keep checking the marriage certificate to see that it's real and legal.
    ……
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    That's so awesome :-)
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

So the state has stopped talking about 'responsible procreation;' in fact, they aren't talking about procreation at all anymore.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...court.html.csp

Quote Originally Posted by trekdianna View Post
    it really is an amazing thing. I just want to keep checking the marriage certificate to see that it's real and legal.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    So the state has stopped talking about 'responsible procreation;' in fact, they aren't talking about procreation at all anymore.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...court.html.csp
    To couples married in Utah from one of the couples married in CA before prop 8; keep calm, you're still married. You get the thrill of filing taxes jointly, shopping for a tandem .... it'll all work out in the lower courts there I think.

And to those in Utah who were planning to get married today don't worry. There's CA and WA which have great cycling and food, just sayin' and however many other states we're up to and soon Illinois I think? I've lost track. Think it's 17 and I can never remember it that's with or without DC.

Humorous link follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAXxNSb8X1w
    Last edited by Trek420; 01-06-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton