Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Decembrrrrr!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yay Blueberry!!

Hope your PT isn't neglecting your feet ... watchful cueing from my yoga teacher has brought mine most of the way back to health in a matter of days ... obviously hips can't track right if feet are splaying everywhichway. Which reminds me, we didn't do upward facing plank today and that's been one of the most beneficial poses for my foot - better get off the computer and into the pose.

Eleven yesterday. Bridge repeats in the plan tomorrow. Happy new year to me.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Upward facing plank ehh? Sounds like it will be good for me to go look that up, though it is probably what it sounds like. Hopefully my shoulder can take it I also have pec issues (both major and minor), and it would likely be good for those as well - as long as it doesn't cause numbness (major thoracic outlet syndrome)

Thankfully my little hamstring tweak appears to be gone, I had walked quickly for 5 minutes the other day before I started running on the trails, I suspect that wasn't enough in 48 degree temps. What do all of you do to warm up before running in cooler temps?

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Upward facing plank ehh? Sounds like it will be good for me to go look that up, though it is probably what it sounds like. Hopefully my shoulder can take it I also have pec issues (both major and minor), and it would likely be good for those as well - as long as it doesn't cause numbness (major thoracic outlet syndrome)

Thankfully my little hamstring tweak appears to be gone, I had walked quickly for 5 minutes the other day before I started running on the trails, I suspect that wasn't enough in 48 degree temps. What do all of you do to warm up before running in cooler temps?
    I warm up in the house as much as possible by marching, goosestepping, carioca. And I still usually wind up overdressing, so I'll plan for that as much as possible - pocket to stow a cap in, zippers, jacket that can be tied around my waist, etc.

Upward facing plank really doesn't put much stress on my shoulders at all. If you can do Table you can do that from an upper body standpoint (and Table is the modification if you can't do it with the lower body). You'll want good hand placement obviously, weight in the metacarpal heads equally, wrists lifted, fingers pointing toward feet and elbows bent - but it's mainly an exercise for the lower legs. The key is to have all four corners of your feet weighted equally. Everything's pretty much the same as Table, except you try to straighten your knees.

(But if you can warm up properly and if you have enough flexibility for upward facing bow aka wheel aka backbend, staying there for a while REALLY helps open up my thoracic outlet. You'd want to have a really good teacher walk you through that one though, if you aren't already doing it.)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Started the New Year off right with a 10km (6 miles) then after watching the warm blooded in the Polar Bear Swim headed on another 11.5 miles (18.5 km). Nice balmy weather on the west coast and looking forward to a great year...Happy New Year to all TE'ers!
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp, Specialized BG Lithia w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails
    2009 Specialized Myka FSR, Specialized Windie 143