Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seven.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	16865

This is my ti Seven. I like color.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post

Name:	seven.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	16865

This is my ti Seven. I like color.
    That is awesome! You're not going to lose that in a crowd!
    Rebecca

Riley - custom 2014 Enigma Etape
    Bridget - 2010 Surly Cross Check
    Lorelei - 1979 Puch Princess mixte
    Astrid - 2014 Viking Bromley singlespeed mixte
    Lucy - bespoke 2012 Brompton S1L

Visit my blog: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca19804 View Post
    That is awesome! You're not going to lose that in a crowd!
    It's also a really wonderful bike, color aside.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by MojoGrrl View Post
    I need to take a new picture of mine since I did some cosmetic work on it, but I have a Ti Lemond Tete De Course which was painted at one time, but the guy I got it from had stripped it and now it has a brushed metal finish, no paint. I bought it because it was my size, a good price, looked like a good bike - husband and friends also said it was a good value. It's a nice bike, light and stiff enough and comfy. Had it for two and a half years now.

Husband and I also bought a Ti Santana tandem last summer and we've put over 4000 miles on it. We love it and get compliments on it every time we take it out. It's much lighter than the steel one we had before, and it's polished and shiny.
    MojoGrrl, any pictures of either bike yet?
    Rebecca

Riley - custom 2014 Enigma Etape
    Bridget - 2010 Surly Cross Check
    Lorelei - 1979 Puch Princess mixte
    Astrid - 2014 Viking Bromley singlespeed mixte
    Lucy - bespoke 2012 Brompton S1L

Visit my blog: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk

This is my Lynskey 2014 ProCross. Ultegra 6800, disc brakes. Rides like a dream. I can't praise the bike or the company enough!

Name:	IMG_4280.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	16992
    Blogging about all things bike, run, travel related at:
    Be The Badger

2014 Lynskey ProCross (The Raven)
    2013 Cannondale Slice 5 (Father Christmas)

ask for my discount/referral codes!
    2014 MioGlobal Brand Champion
    2014 De Soto Femmebassador

That's one hot Lynskey you've got there hulagirl!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

This is a circa 2001 (?) Pro Mongoose Sandvig Titanium bike, converted to a 32/16 singlespeed.
    It originally belonged to a friend of mine, one of the gals who I learned to ride by following her everywhere. At some point she was trying to sell it and I mentioned that I thought it would be a good SS project. She is also a MD, I should mention. The next time I went to see for an appointment, she had it in the office. She said that she knew if I came that she should give it to me.

I put a much lighter fork on, and stripped it down to a 21# trail-dancing machine. I would love to be able replace the decals, and to pimp it out with orange ano but from what I can find the ano stuff is geared towards new mountain bike and doesn't fit old school stuff.

Here we go:

2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

That, is a very cool bike. Are you thinking orange anodized rims? Is the problem that you can't get them with brake tracks since everything is disc now? Have you thought about having disc tabs added to the frame? I have a couple of friends that have done that to older model bikes to bring them up to date. The Ti guy they used was in Portland OR.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I haven't really looked into but I know going that route is lots of money. Rims, brakes, nipples, bar end caps, headset.; sizes have changed, brakes have changed...If I had unlimited funds I might do all that but going disc and them some would be a really frivolous and huge expense for me. I only ride it a handful of times every year so I can live with it as it is. Decals would be cool, though.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

This is my Ti Seven Axiom SL w/electronic Ultegra, HED Belgium wheels and King hubs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	239.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	17055
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

I hope to have a photo of my new über-bike in another 7-8 weeks. A week ago I was fit for a Seven Mudhoney SL. Next week I'll be doing my phone interview with Seven, then their designers will come up with a frame design and I'll have my fit bike fitting. After my approval it will go into production!

My bike will for sure have Ultegra Di2, hydro disc brakes, and most likely a Whiskey #9 thru-axel fork. Bare Ti with bead-blasted Seven logo and I'm planning to get a green saddle (my fave, SMP Drakon), green bottle cage, tape, etc. 2 sets of rims -- 1 mounted with road tires (probably Rolfs) and 1 with CX tires (Velocity, perhaps. I love my current A23s), so I can easily swap wheels depending upon where I want to ride.

I'm pretty stinkin' stoked!!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I hope to have a photo of my new über-bike in another 7-8 weeks. A week ago I was fit for a Seven Mudhoney SL. Next week I'll be doing my phone interview with Seven, then their designers will come up with a frame design and I'll have my fit bike fitting. After my approval it will go into production!

My bike will for sure have Ultegra Di2, hydro disc brakes, and most likely a Whiskey #9 thru-axel fork. Bare Ti with bead-blasted Seven logo and I'm planning to get a green saddle (my fave, SMP Drakon), green bottle cage, tape, etc. 2 sets of rims -- 1 mounted with road tires (probably Rolfs) and 1 with CX tires (Velocity, perhaps. I love my current A23s), so I can easily swap wheels depending upon where I want to ride.

I'm pretty stinkin' stoked!!
    Nice!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Woot, ETA is first week of Aug. I am stoked! Geometry of the new bike will be about midway between that of my current road bike and Redline CX bike -- exactly what I always suspected would be ideal. Now to get a new saddle, pedals, shoes, and other random bits!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

First mostly complete photo of "Toothless" (named for the dragon in How To Train Your Dragon):

We're still dialing in the fit a little. The original stem was just a hair short (not so bad when I was on the hoods, but in the drops I feel pretty cramped). Some of that extra steerer tube will likely come off, too, once fit is dialed-in. And after that the permanent medium gray Lizard Skins bar tape will go on.

But other than those details he's done. I've already logged 90 miles and it's a really cush ride. Amazing how much Ti dulls the rattle of chipseal. Even better than my carbon SuperSix, which already was fairly comfortable on rougher roads. Ti feels a lot like steel to me. And I LOVE the hydro disc brakes! They stop like a boss...but not in a scary, grabby way. Great modulation. Can't wait to ride it in a muddy CX race to see how they work under the same conditions that made my canti brakes on my low-rent Redline downright scary. And it should be awesome even riding on icy, slushy roads with studded tires this Winter, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Yep...pretty sure I like the look of Ti even better with a few splatters of sandy mud!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3