Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wow! Beautiful bike! I would love to own a ti bike one day.
    Lucy 2012 Surly Cross Check
    Sally 2009 Specialized Dolce Elite
    Peppermint Patty 2009 Trek 4500 WSD
    Marcie 2008 Giant Sedona
    Violet 1994 Norco Kokanee

Looks sharp! I especially like how it matches your cat

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Gorgeous! Total love.

If you are cramped in the drops but not the hoods, do you perhaps need a longer stem? (Had that happen before.

Anyway, congrats on getting it built!
    Yep, it had an 80mm stem and now has a 90 and fits like a dream...fits a LOT like my road bike. Did my first CX race today and got it filthy. It was a HARD course...it was either uphill or goopy muddy. Hardest race ever. Wishing I didn't have so much toe overlap, either. I won't even attempt to ride some hills where I know my front wheel will be wobbling back and forth enough for it to be an issue. Hence this.

And now my bike is properly broken-in.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Made me realize if I ever wanted to get seriously into cross I'd have to see about getting a custom bike with a slightly lax headtube angle, and seat-tube angle.

I'm wondering if it could be done without compromising the rest of the geometry. What do you think?
    Boy, I don't know. When I went through my fitting and interview with Seven they said that -- in theory -- they could mostly eliminate toe overlap, but that it would make for geometry that I would likely not be all that happy with. Given that I'm also using this bike for gravel and road riding I really wanted something that wasn't wonky during those times. In the grand scheme of things only a very small portion of my riding is CX. And I may be able to move my cleats forward on new shoes. My LGs aren't particularly stiff, so I had the cleats back a bit further than need-be. I am in the process of getting some nicer Lake mtn shoes with carbon soles that should be a LOT stiffer and have less of my duck feet ahead of the pedal spindle.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2