Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job Interview!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    You don't have any choice...
    And way too many of them make sure their clients know that, which I think is what Pax was talking about. Maybe it's different on the coast than it is in the "heartland..." Anyway I too am glad you're genuinely interested in this population. Good luck.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

That's terrible, if that was your experience. Certainly, I don't know anyone who would do that. My clients have had enough experience with these agencies that they just know people don't stay. I would never talk about that, or any professional stuff. Of course, when I was an intern, I had to disclose that, and they had a choice to not take me, but no one refused. It was wrenching for me to leave a couple of them. I did tell a few current clients I got my license, as they knew I took a test, etc. I've been dropping hints to a few of them that they are in a short term therapy program (4 of them that started since May) and we need to be thinking about transition. Those are the ones I will have to transfer. They all go to school in a suburb near my office, and I have been up front with the counselor at the school. She gets it. I closed a couple of cases and dropped 2 down to outpatient from In Home Therapy. One will need to be transferred, but the other is on a waiting list somewhere else. I have 3 I am going to offer to come with me, as one has been with the doc for years (he was in state care) so he could stay with him, and they all are cases I have had for 2+ years, they have long term issues, and they live close enough. One, I have no idea what to do. There is good improvement, just in the last month or so, and if I was staying, I would close with them in June. They live really far (their house is on the state line of NH), about 26 miles from the office, but a bit closer to my house. It's right down the street from my "Fruit Farm" ride and I actually had ridden down their street several times. It's a hard, but not typical case for me, and I love this family, and am dreading telling them. I've dropped my caseload to 50% time from 80%, so I can do this humanely. But, we've had so many people quit or get fired, that there's no one left to transfer cases to.
    They (my employer) know I am probably not staying, but they don't know anything other than that. I've been purposely vague.
    Last edited by Crankin; 12-05-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Good luck Crankin! And FWIW - the religious aspect can't be used as a topic of conversation in an interview anyway . They will be lucky to get someone so conscientious about her work and patients.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Best wishes, Crankin. At least, enjoy the interview.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Oh, I know that, SheFly. Just saying... her Jewdar will be up, for sure. It just happens. So, it will be unsaid.
    Leaving in about 10 minutes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

My clients, not so much myself ... and AFAIK nothing is ever explicitly said, it's just clear to everyone that the clinicians just barely go through the motions with them until they can find a "real job." Anyway, again good luck!

Best of luck, and let us know how it goes!!

OK, I am back. It started out a bit weird, as at 10:00 (the time of our appt.), she called and said she was stuck in a meeting. She said she would be there by 10:30, so we decided to keep the appt. I left and ran over to West Concord and got coffee. I arrived back at 10:34, she wasn't there, yet, but we started at 10:40. I was there until 12:00
    The upshot is, I have the job. I have to fill out a corporate application on line and then once they get the CORI report back (she put it in today), fill out another part. That should all be done in a week or so. I asked a ton of questions and so did she. I will be able to have a diverse caseload of adults and kids. They are making a push to go into schools, and they just started seeing kids at my old school! She said they really need a licensed person there, to see people with private insurance, as the person there is not licensed. They also see kids where my kids went to school, and Concord, Bedford, Maynard. She actually was at a community meeting about healthy behavior/risky behavior for a task force done by the United Way of Acton Boxborough. I laughed, as the rabid Stepford wives in my old neighborhood were always up in arms when the results of a yearly survey this group does came out. I didn't say that, though.
    I'll probably be working Mon., Tues., and either Thurs. AM in a school setting, or Thursday late afternoon/evening, or Friday mornings. I'm leaning toward the Friday AM, since I just found out there's another cycling group from another club that is like the group I ride with now. See where my priorities are? She said it was fine to take emy clients with me, as long as it's fine with my current employer. It will be, as there's no one to transfer them to, and they ar pushing me to terminate with these long term cases, anyway.
    OK, I am going to fill out the application.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Congrats! Sounds great so far and I think your priorities are exactly where they should be
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Congrats!!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Big congrats!

Yay! Congrats!

Good job!

Nice!

Awesome!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com