Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

exercise made easy?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So who has heard of this or who has one? Will it be catching on?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/12/...e-into-hybrid/

Good for commuting but making it too easy to get exercise benefits?

Just thought I'd see if anyone had a comment.

fetchspot

Interesting! I have friends with electric assisted bikes-and have seen people riding to work on them. Public transit is not too good here, and I imagine this is what some people are choosing as an affordable option to a scooter. I might worry about leaving a fancy high tech wheel parked with my bike though! Tokie

If it gets someone moving who otherwise wouldn't, I see nothing wrong with it. I've seen a couple of these at the bike rack outside of the tower where my office is located. I wouldn't be comfortable with that myself.

I thought a hybrid was basically a flat bar road bike? Their terminology is confusing. This doesn't convert a bike into a hybrid, it converts it to an e-bike.
    Given that e-bikes are so heavy, I'm inclined to think that having one makes exercise harder, not easier. Easier is a 17 lb. carbon fiber bike!
    This thing weighs 12 lbs and costs nearly $700. For $700, you can buy a reasonably decent bike that has a triple crankset to make hills easier!
    Last edited by nuliajuk; 12-04-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    Queen of the sea beasts