Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cinderella 2014 - anyone in?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi everyone,

I am living in the Bay Area for just a year and I was considering doing the 100 K Cinderella ride in April 2014. Any thoughts? Anyone else planning on registering? I seem to remember that it sells out quick.

Thanks for the insight!

Grog

I'm planning on doing the Challenge ride with a friend from Portland and one from San Fran. If you don't mind riding with three women with sparkly leggings, wings and tutu's you're welcome to join us for the first 30+ miles that the routes are the same

I just pm'ed my email
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 12-01-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am living in the Bay Area for just a year and I was considering doing the 100 K Cinderella ride in April 2014. Any thoughts? Anyone else planning on registering? I seem to remember that it sells out quick.

Thanks for the insight!

Grog
    Yes it sells out quickly. Last years riders get invitation to register first and it quickly fills up. But if you miss it do not fret. You will see registered riders offering to sell their entry on TE, Craigslist and check local club boards especially Velo Girls. Ask on TE if anyone is getting the invite and plans not to go etc.

Enjoy the year in the Bay!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Hey Grog, is baby Chloe going to join the ride?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Hey Grog, is baby Chloe going to join the ride?
    This reminds me that my daughter and I did the Cinderella on the tandem when she was 8. That was one tough ride, mentally.

Have fun. I've got my cycling dance card pretty full with SF Randonneur and SRCC rides. And am going to be spending a lot of time at colleges with the former 8 year old this spring.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the insight!

Grog
    I am planning on this year. I missed last year due to the RAAM challenge ride in Oceanside.

Yes I planned, The FFBC Cinderella Training Series is an 11-week training program to be held from January 18 - March 29, 2014. The purpose of the training is to help women learn to ride a bicycle comfortably in a group setting, and develop the skills necessary to successfully complete a 100 kilometer (62 mile) ride. So I wish I definitely participate there

Have a great day

I'm afraid Chloe will not join. I can ride up to about 20-30 km with her in the iBert seat (front of the bike) but it gets really uncomfortable over longer distances, and I would not impose the trailer on her for more than a couple of hours!

I signed up to get a registration form in the mail comes January. We'll see if I get in! If there's a ride I want to do do while living in California, it's that one.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    You will still be living in Vancouver or???

Anyway, life does take dizzying changes/spins. What else can one expect of cyclists?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.