Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

We're going to have to hang loose on the noshing. Marty needs (honest, really) to go to the Fairfield PI outlet and then to the LBS in Davis before it closes. We may be on the run.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

There's a PI outlet in Fairfield? Wow... may have to follow you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkedog
    Z... I'm incredibly sad that you won't be there tomorrow. Can you nosh after, at least???
    Awww slinke - that's nice to say! I don't know about after, but I am seriously considering zooming up to say "hey" before you all head out - it's a bit of a drive, but it might be the one fun thing I do tomorrow.

(And (shhh) I'm hoping to entice Helga to come along with me to say hello...)

Well, hope to see you at the start, then! And you have my hopes up very high about Helga!

I'd highly recommend:

Randy's Mexican Grill
    727 1ST St
    Benicia, CA 94510-3213
    (707) 751-1705

they have huge yummy burritos!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Saturday's Jelly Belly Ride

What a great ride that was on Saturday. I couldn't believe how many women showed up to ride and made my first ride with this group a blast. I met a lot of very nice people, however, didn't get to meet Cindy Sue or Sadie Kate. I did get to ride in Denise's fast group and met some incredible people.

Hey, did any of you get the opportunity to meet my "sag support" husband who provided some drink and munchies? He found it great fun to pull up in the front of Jelly Belly, open up his trunk and give out some water, gatorade, bananas, apples, etc. Thanks to all of you who showed your appreciation to him. He does that when I least expect it!

Looking forward to the next ride. Please let me know if anyone is dropping out of the Cinderella Ride so that perhaps I can ride in their place.

Until next time!

Sandie Valentine

Sandie,

funny, i heard about your husband but didn't realize that was you. Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you. I haven't had a chance to touch base with Denise. How was the rest of the ride? Smooth sailing? I heard you all finished in good time: 4 hours including your stop at the Jelly Belly factory......
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Cindy,
    Our ride was great and we did make good time. I just heard back from someone who is giving up their Cinderella registration, so I guess I will also be riding that day. Now I am really motivated to get some miles in. Hopefully we'll be able to meet soon.

Turning in for some beauty sleep! Good night!
    Sandie

so that was YOUR husband!

I was floating between the second and third group of riders and did get a chance to snag an apple from your hubby. That was so nice of him!
    We pulled up and saw the truck and then somebody explained he was there for us. It was very much appreciated!! What a nice thing to do. Does he have a brother?

Sorry to say I missed the SAG wagon! I was in the "scenic" group, and boy, was the scenery great!

Hope to meet you at a future ride, Sandie! Dar, sorry I missed hearing you sing. Maybe next time.

Okay, BikerZ. Where were you?

I was in the "scenic" group, and boy, was the scenery great!

Now you know why I live in Benicia! You all are welcome to come ride at my place any time!
    Dave didn't know who used the bathrooms, he just mentioned the clutsy shoes going up and down the stairs!!!!! So, who came over?

I don't think SK saw her artwork on the front door. Hopefully someone told her!
    Nancy

Nancy, the "Scenic" group was the um, er, least fast group. We had the opportunity to enjoy the scenery.

Artwork? What artwork?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Goddess
    Dave didn't know who used the bathrooms, he just mentioned the clutsy shoes going up and down the stairs!!!!! So, who came over?

I don't think SK saw her artwork on the front door. Hopefully someone told her!
    *raising hand* Yes, I did pee in your toilet. Thanks for the use of your facilities. Dave was very gracious. And I took off my cleats before I came in the house, btw.

I did apprise SK of the fact that you had your AV jersey hanging on the door. Very nice touch.

Thanks again, BG! Now, we just have to meet!!

So, SK, did Marty buy out the store are the PI outlet? It's a good thing I didn't go. Traffic was horrendous getting home... some crud in the road on 680. Took me almost 1.5 hours to get home.

Ummmmm, I think Slinkedog already spilled the beans.....the Amici Jersey was waiting for all of you sans rider!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    I did apprise SK of the fact that you had your AV jersey hanging on the door.
    And all this time I've been wearing the darned thing! Now you tell me - it's art!