Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

rv parks Tucson and cycling

To disable ads, please log-in.

We are thinking of changing our winter destination this year and going to Tucson for January through March. Anyone know anything about the RV parks there? I would like a nicer one but most importantly, one where I can bike easily from the park. I've looked at these two but I can't evaluate the cycling:

http://www.voyagerrv.com/ Apparently this park is about 12 miles from town, 8701 Kolb Road. It is one of the only parks to even mention bike riding.

http://www.rinconcountry.com/rcrvwest/index.asp. This is Rincon West , 4555 South Mission Road. It has really good reviews and will take our 42 foot motorhome easily. But no mention of cycling.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or can tell me something about the location of these two parks?
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Can you find Rincon Country East? That would be really close to some great cycling and also be fairly close to town. The Rincon West isn't in a really great neighborhood. Lots of drunk drivers on Mission Rd. DH (the ex cop) is always nervous when I ride Mission road & I don't do it often.

The Voyager park would also have some good cycling - it's in the same general vicinity of Rincon Country East but it is close to the freeway and might be a little loud.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    Can you find Rincon Country East? That would be really close to some great cycling and also be fairly close to town. The Rincon West isn't in a really great neighborhood. Lots of drunk drivers on Mission Rd. DH (the ex cop) is always nervous when I ride Mission road & I don't do it often.
    Too bad about Rincon West. Rincon East sites are a tough fit for our 42 foot motorhome. I think I'll lean towards Voyager but I'll give a call to Rincon East just in case they have a spot that will fit our monstrosity.

Thanks!
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

I pretty much concur with what Dogmama said. There is another park closer in but I don't know if takes RV's- Far Horizons on Pantano. There are several cyclists who live or winter there, and it would be very convenient for shopping and cycling (and close to me, too! )

Rincon East would be convenient for a lot of nice rides on the East side of Tucson. Rincon West is good for going south towards Mission San Xavier, and a few rides to the west. The Voyager is 3 or 4 miles south of the Julian Wash bike path, which you can use to get to some other places to ride, but to get anywhere you have to ride up Kolb Road. It had a bike lane (which can have road debris) and traffic is pretty speedy in that section- 50 mph or more- just so you know.

Send me a PM if you need more info.

Sharon
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Thanks Sharon. It looks like Far Horizons takes rvs but the really big sites are full for the season. I'll call to see if there is anything that will fit our motorhome.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    Terry Classic