Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Suicide blogger-traveller-cyclist

To disable ads, please log-in.

As you know I blog. I don't know any of my readers ...except for family, friends, maybe work colleagues.

But now:

I’m chilled…I just discovered this afternoon, by wandering around on the ‘Net, a blogger who I never knew personally but who did comment on my blog (she did it last in July 2013. I did comment on her blog occasionally.) committed suicide in late this August. She lived in Ottawa, was in her mid-40's but loved travelling and it showed in her travel blog. She left the corporate world to travel but her boyfriend didn’t understand it and they were apart, more often than he liked. She was upset by breakup by her bf…but of course readers had no clue.. She also had travel a lot for her corporate job which again took away from her bf and he didn’t like it.

She was a cyclist for chunk of her life, pursued some other sports. Here is her last post: http://traveldestinationbucketlist.c...-broken-heart/
    In some ways, it is like (to me) a near suicide note but hard to know. Until later.

I never knew her but because I lost a sister to suicide, when I hear of another case of someone crumbling behind a smiling face....

How important for us to have several things in life that keep us happy and a couple of friends that share such interests (not just a partner/spouse.). But more importantly have several different interests in life that sustain us and for mental health insurance.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-24-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Shooting Star-

Sometimes those moments just come up and grab us and bring up so much of our own personal emotions. I lost my mom to suicide as a teen, and even those it is now over 40 years ago, it can still be gut-wrenching to come close to it again.

I agree with your thoughts 100%

Sharon
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I'm sorry az for your loss of mother in that way -like you said, the past never completely goes away.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.