Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's here!

It's here!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, my new Fatbike (Charge) arrived and I assembled it yesterday YIPEE! I only had time for a short ride, but fell in love just the same Now I'm looking at new shoes for it....ummm

Pics to follow... SHEFLY did you receive your bikes?

Yippee!

Yes, we got ours. In fact, we took them out to CX practice last night (we're a little crazy) and riding in the sand was SO MUCH EASIER! The corners were a bit sketchy (riding it feels like a car that is out of alignment until you get used to it), but it could actually get moving pretty well (22+ mph) in a straight line. Oh - and you can ride over pretty much ANYTHING with it - one of our friends had his light die last night, so I loaned him mine. The moon was bright, so I was riding in a small area when BOOM! - I didn't see the cement parking curb. The bike rode right over it without issue (the bruising on my torso will be from hitting the bars/shifters ).

We're bringing ours up to Bethel the week of Thanksgiving - we should try to get together!

Here are some pics of ours:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6069A.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	16800 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6072A.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	16801

SheFly

p.s.
    Did you hear there is a Fat Bike race in Gorham, NH on Jan 26?????
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Yes, you guys are crazy!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Yes, you guys are crazy!

Veronica
    Yes, Pot. Love, Kettle

Too funny! That's one of my favorite sayings. Alas, I can't use it in the classroom, so I have resorted to glass houses and stones.

Common Core wants students identifying and explaining proverbs, adages and idioms. All my colleagues want to know - what's the difference between a proverb and an adage?

Don't forget those picture ridebikeme!

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

I think a proverb is one we agree with and an adage is one we don't.

Yep, pictures needed for sure! SheFly, beauty!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I laughed pretty hard at your explanation of hitting the curb, Shefly HA! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the bikes, let me know when you get to Bethel over Thanksgiving and maybe we can get together! And to answer your question, "NO" I didn't know about the race in Gorham. Could you send me more info, please?

Veronica: I have the exact same bike as SHEFLY, so I'll give her credit for the photos.

But I want to see them in action, out in the wild.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

I, uh, might need one of these.

Glad you like them! They look like a lot of fun.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Veronica... I wish that I could say that I was able to ride today, you know out in the wilds, but alas works calls for the next couple of days HA! I will be riding on Sunday, so I''ll try and capture some pics. Although perhaps Shefly can beat me to it...

Have a good weekend everyone, hopefully we'll all come back with some great stories and pics!

LOL! My torso isn't bruised (yet), but is SO SORE!

Here's the link to the registration for the race: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/moose-brook-fat-bike-race. DH and I are DEFINITELY IN. We'll be up for most of the week of Thanksgiving, so I'll be sure to ping you. Keeping fingers crossed that there may be some snow.

Enjoy the bike! It's happiest riding through things like deep sand and wood chips .

SheFly

Hopefully there won't be any bruising, although some of my friends would remind me that it is part of the adventure....not sure what I think about that HA!

Thanks for the link; I'll definitelly check it out... hopefully I'll have time to truly get on the bike and make adjustments etc.... fun so far though

Have a good weekend!

One of my of favorite Italian restaurants is in Gorham, NH.
    It sounds like fun, guys, but since I have an innate fear of hurting myself (and the only fat bikes I've seen are not for someone as short as me), I will live vicariously through you all.
    And I don't think you are crazy at all.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Had a great ride yesterday, back into the little slice of Paradise here in town Trails were covered in ice where the 4 wheelers share the trail, so opted for some dirt roads with climbing and great views...

Crankin: I'll have to check out your restaurant, next time I get over there... thanks for the mention.

Any adventures over the weekend Shefly?

Did two back-to-back cross races in CT on Saturday - one on the SS, and the other in the Women's A race. Had good performances in both, and loved the course. Someone actually raced a fat bike in the SSCX race - he was moving pretty well, and managed to beat me!

Yesterday we went and cheered friends and teammates at another local race. By the time we got home, it started raining, so we went out on the Charges in the rain... Did about 1:15 on the local Battle Road loop here. Ate lots of winter moths and dirt for dinner! I discovered last night that when riding fat tire bikes in the wet, you either need good fenders, or glasses! Lots of sand in my eyes, and COVERED in dirt when I got home.

SheFly