Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Does anyone have their own spin bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

If so, what kind? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    If so, what kind? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?
    Yes, I have my own spin bike. I have a LeMond Revmaster Pro that I purchased last year.
    I found that having my own spin bike made it easier for me to put in the time I wanted to on it.
    That is I wasn't having to plan my spinning time around the times that the gym was open.
    Since January, I've put in 1200 miles on it.

I've been very happy with this bike. It is very quiet and really smooth. I have short legs (I have a 25" inseam) so I
    wanted to be sure I didn't get one that would be too big. I know most spin bikes are very adjustable, but I'm not
    sure all of them would accommodate me. My gym also had the predecessor to this bike, and so I was fairly
    familiar with the Lemond bikes. This bike comes with 170mm cranks, I typically ride with much shorter cranks, but with
    crank shorteners, I was able to get them close to the length that I typically ride with.

If you aren't sure which spin bike you want, I'd suggest either trying various bikes at different gyms, or looking for a store that sells gym equipment. I purchased my bike through such a store. I also asked the store for a recommendation of someone who serviced these bikes in case I needed something repaired at some later or future date.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike

DH bought me a Vision V-series two years ago. Love it.

At first the tension was not adjusted correctly, but once DH fixed that (took him about 5 minutes once he understood the problem) it was great. Smooth, very adjustable.

Thanks! I plan to go try a few out and see if I can find one I feel good on. I am dealing with the same thing with winter just about here and not getting to the gym to use them - or them being all in use when I get there ( I use the gym on campus where I work). It would be much easier at home.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75