Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    Is anyone looking to sell a Terry Falcon X? I really want to give it a try as a narrower-in-the-nose alternative to my Terry Liberator.
    I decided to try the Terry Liberator Ti Race saddle instead. So far I am liking it. Compared to the Liberator it's been more comfortable on my girly parts and equally comfortable everywhere else. Two minor complaints: the leather is more slippery than what I'm used to so it's a little harder to stay in the "sweet spot" (I'm assuming that'll improve as the leather gets broken in); I like the narrower nose, but I didn't really need it to be longer.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

The reply that I got on the Terry Bicycle forum when I asked about the Falcon X for triathlons was instead a recommendation for the men's Tri Fly Gel. (This was from their saddle guru.) She said that it's got basically the same geometry as the Firefly but, with the gel, it's got a softer nose.

I did 57 miles on Saturday and the Falcon felt much better than the other saddles I've used. No chafing at all- didn't even irritate the groin cyst that the padding on the zero and butterfly had given me. Seat bones were sore, but I figure that's normal when going from very padded saddles to a pretty minimal one like the falcon. For the first time in the 1500 miles I've had my bike, I felt like I could just sit & relax instead of fidgeting to try to keep everything feeling right.