Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yes, that's it, but mine is the cheaper, TRK Lady model, which they don't seem to have on their site. I got mine off ebay at masherz.com's store, and Bikemania.biz carries it, as well. Boulderbliss got hers from a UK seller for a great price, but I'm not sure who.

I did the Tri-county Hill Hopper with this saddle. The cut out really does it's job. I had no pain in the soft bits. The back does have a bit less padding for the sit bones than I'd like but that wasn't the problem for me.

However, the saddle nearly made me cry near the end of the 30 mile ride. Instead of having pressure on the soft bits in the center, I had more pressure on the outer area where the cutout hole ends and the sides of the cutout begin. It musta been pushing up on my nerves in that area. I don't know if I was "falling into" the cutout or what that put so much pressure on the insides of my pelvis. Hard to explain! After that ride I was so sore I took a few days off which turned into a few weeks

I haven't had time to play with it much since then. I've put my old butterfly back on for the long rides, eventhough it gives me some discomfort in the center I don't get the raw pain I had with the Falcon.

I Haven't given up on trying to dial it in. The first 15 miles were glorious, just hasn't worked for me so far.

And yes.... saddles are totally my compulsion. Nothing is too good for my bum!

Edited since grammar > me
    Last edited by Kyna; 03-29-2006 at 10:04 AM.

74 miles & no razor blades

I rode my new Falcon X on a 74 mile ride on Saturday. I was anxious about it, but my fears were unfounded. I could go to the bathroom and (in Nancy's words) there were no razor blades! It's not as squishy on the sit-bones as some, but I think I've got a winner here. I've always had a problem with the soft tissue area, but on Sat. I had none! Yahoo!

I'm getting ready to order a Falcon-X, so any last comments before I click on the "Add to Cart" button? Thanks!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Thumbs up A minimalist saddle for Terry

I purchased my fourth Terry saddle, a Falcon X, a couple of weeks ago. I have a Terry Liberator on my mountain bike, a Terry Butterfly on one road bike, and a until it was replaced with the Falcon, a Terry Firefly (women's) on my main road bike. Previous to the Firefly, I had an Avocet O2, but it made me burn down the center of my crotch. The Firefly was too wide in the nose and gave me icky saddle sores and even a cyst in the crease at the top inside of one of my legs. The Falcon X is significantly narrower in both the nose and the rear section than other Terry saddles. It also has noticeably less padding. It's not as immediately comfortable as the Butterfly, but after four times out on it, I've gotten used to it and actually like that it is firmer than the Butterfly. If your hips are wider than average, however, you may find your cheeks hanging off the sides. I ride ~120 mi/week, mainly on a Kestrel Talon, and am 5' 3" and 135 lbs.

Just tried the falcon yesterday on my cyclocross bike. At first seemed hard as a rock, but I'm sticking with it for now. Def. is narrower than the butterfly, and very light on the frontal pressure.

The cut out is so big, you get a nice breeze in yer bits!
    Crediamo in te, bici!

Rode the Falcon X on my first century. A little sore at the end, but not as bad as I've been on 20 mile rides with uncomfortable saddles. I think it's a keeper. My right shoulder hurt way more than my bottom!

need help adjusting the falcon X

I can't seem to get the tilt quite right on this saddle. Today rode about 20 miles, changed it like 4 times and was in a lot of pain.

I've gotten past the hardness of the rear, but after getting tired started to feel terrible pressure on the vagina area.

It seems to be that in order for it to work, it has to be set so it LOOKs like its downward a bit but its reallly not.

also, seems to be different in the seatpost height.

I dont know, I thought I was happy with it, but now I'm wondering.

Anyway, aside from that, just had a great ride!
    Crediamo in te, bici!

I took my new Falcon X out for a short 20 miler yesterday, and while the sit bone area felt good, I think my girly bits were a little crushed. I'm going to try to tip the nose down a little more today and go for another 20 miler and see how it feels. I do like the firmness (I don't sink down into the saddle), as well as the narrow nose. Overall though, I'm not sure it feels all that much different than my Selle Italia Lady Gel; I'll have to pay more attention or do some consecutive test rides.

I have a San Marco Aspide Glamour Arrowhead arriving tomorrow... about to go into saddle overload!

Last Saturday I did a 55 mile ride on the Falcon X. After a bathroom stop, I noticed a bit of discomfort in the soft tissue area. At the next rest stop, I sorta pinched or squeezed "everything" together before pulling up my shorts. It made a difference--no discomfort at all. Maybe y'all already do this, but it was a new stategy for me. Now I'm doing "the pinch" all the time. If you've already got your shorts up, just reach inside and pinch!

Any thoughts on this????

gah, this is really touchy stuff
    after i posted that guys could sling all their stuff to one side or the other
    i discovered that i could sort of do the same thing too.
    but pinching ? never thought of that.

Pinching! Maybe the Falcon inspired that, because I found myself "shifting" things around a bit too these last two rides I did with the Falcon. It did seem to help, if only temporarily. I did get it positioned so my sit bones are where they should be though.

If the San Marco Glamour doesn't work out (should arrive today), I fear I'm going to have to decide between 1.my girly bits being sore/numb with the Falcon or my old Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow, or 2. "crease" chafage with the Selle SMP Strike.

Anyone looking to sell?

Hi,

Is anyone looking to sell a Terry Falcon X? I really want to give it a try as a narrower-in-the-nose alternative to my Terry Liberator. If yes, please PM me.

Thanks, Nicole
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

I had the same problem a Kyna with the Sella SMP. I got sore where the saddle pressed on the inside of my thighs rather than my girly bits.

It's funny that a lot of you are looking at the Falcon X. I just found it on the Terry web site last night. I joined the forum to ask about the saddle for triathlons. I'll let you know what they say when they reply.

I bought one from ebay this week to replace my terry zero (too much padding). I'll let you all know how it is once I get some miles on it.