Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Chase Cyclery's Turkey Trot

To disable ads, please log-in.

This ride is a scheduled dirt ride and will be held Novemeber 9th at 10:00AM. This is a ride for all ability levels, please make sure to have your helmet and some form of "orange' clothing that you can wear. While it is hunting season here in Maine, I have a couple of routes picked out where hunters seem to this area is a waste of their time. We'll finish at the shop for snacks and warm apple cidar. RSVP"S are required

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Phooey...working that afternoon!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Perhaps another time Jolt! Do you continue to ride throughout most of the colder months? The reason that I ask is that I generally am either nordic skiing or riding, maybe we could meet at some other point? I am anxious to get out and ride this winter as I'm ordering a FTABIKE

Have a good rest of the week!

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Quote Originally Posted by ridebikeme View Post
    Perhaps another time Jolt! Do you continue to ride throughout most of the colder months? The reason that I ask is that I generally am either nordic skiing or riding, maybe we could meet at some other point? I am anxious to get out and ride this winter as I'm ordering a FTABIKE

I usually don't ride through the winter. Once it gets too much below freezing, it becomes a lot harder to stay comfortable on the bike--running is a lot easier that way. That said, I am going to experiment a little this year and see what temps I can manage riding in. Once the snow starts though, I will stick to running/XC skiing/snowshoeing. Maybe we could meet to ski (although I am not very good yet). Have fun on your ride!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

I'm definitely up for some xc skiing or snowshoeing! With that said, I'm not very good on ski's but I will admit that I LOVE it!

Well, we actually had a great day yesterday to ride in the 4th Annual Turkey Trot. We rode through an area where we found remote cabins with a SPECTACULAR views! One of those views, where all you could think about was sitting in the sun(sun was not out yesterday) and reading a book facing this great view. As we were leaving, we ran into the landowners who were more than willing to share there little piece of the pie... an awesome day for sure!

Today we have snow on the ground and it's still snowing.. can't wait for the FATBIKE to get here!!