Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OH! what to buy?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been looking at mtn bikes for quite some time now, and still have not entirely figured out what I want. I had decided on a FATBIKE, and am still leaning that way... BUT. I'm also considering a new hardtail or a cross country full suspension bike. I am partial to Cannondale, and already own a Jekyll and several road bikes.

I love my Scalpel, but am also thinking about a fat bike - would be AWESOME up there this winter on the snowmobile trails! I wish there were some fast progress on the new MTB trails in Bethel - that would make the riding there so much more fun.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Yes, you're defintiely right about that Shefly! I will tell that if you're willing to travel to Andover, we have the most mapped miles of trails in the state! So there are TONS of snowmobile, 4 wheeler and horse trails... not including all of the service roads.

FYI: C-Dale just purchased Charge, company from England that makes all sorts of bikes,and they make FATBIKES... that is what I will more than likely buy. Of course, there's also a Skapel or that F29er that I wouldn't mind as well

That would explain the massive change in Charge's lineup. I wonder what they'll do.

I really like my Charge cross bike, and the Cooker Maxi looks pretty awesome.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I haven't heard any more about Charge coming to the USA, but it looks like a great option for Cannondale though.

Glad to hear that you like your Cross bike

Ridebikeme - YES! We have snowmobiled quite a lot in the Andover area, so know that there are some very good trails there. We also have friends from Bethel who go to Andover for ATV rides. We're pretty sure we'll end up with a couple of the fat bikes this winter, but I'm coveting one of the Salsa's . DH just asked me - are you a Cannondale dealer?

Oh, and you of all people should know, N+1

SheFly

Quote Originally Posted by ridebikeme View Post
    I haven't heard any more about Charge coming to the USA, but it looks like a great option for Cannondale though.

Glad to hear that you like your Cross bike
    Performance, I think, is their US distribution channel. I don't know if Cannondale's going to change that. I really like the Cooker Maxi (no snow to ride it in, though!) and the Plug...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Shefly: yes, I'm a Cannondale dealer, have been for quite some time.

Glad to hear that you've been able to get on the some of the trails here;it's certainly a great area to be able to get outside and you can certainly reach any area/town from here as well.

I haven't heard anything about the Bethel trails lately; did they actually do any cutting this summer? I heard lots of great info early on, but haven't heard anything lately.

Good to know that you deal in one of our favorite brands! I have 5 C'dales in my current stable, and love them all .

As far as I know, they haven't yet done anything with the trails in Bethel. Last I heard, they were still meeting to decide where the access point would be, and how to accommodate parking. There are a few trails at Gould Academy that are fun, but don't have a lot of mileage. Of course, Sunday River also has their trails... I've also heard a rumor of some trails at Mt. Abram, but haven't heard more than that.

We're heading up later this week. Racing in Hanover, NH on Saturday, so will also head over to the VT place while we are in the area.

SheFly

I am going through the same dilemma. I think I have decided on a new hard tail. Just not sure which one. I had thought about an El Mariachi. But then I saw Zoom's post about her fall and thinking the bike was too much for her and she is a much more experienced rider than I am! I am not so sure. I am going to test ride one anyways.
    I am trying the Fatbikes this winter. We are going to rent them if we can for a day. But in all reality. I can't see me riding in the winter. If the trails are clear and it is just cold, I would ride my mountain bike. And if the trails are snow covered and it is minus 10 and windy, I have a good book I need to read! LOL
    I really wanted the Kona Cinder Cone (or if I were rich next year the Explosif) because they are 27.5. But I barely make the standover on the Cone and the Explosif is higher so there is no room for error!
    I have been lusting at the Surly Instigator 2.0, but I would have to make about a $300 adjustment to it and it is already pricey. I could always look at an aluminum bike but I kind of had my heart set on steel for some reason. Oh what to buy!
    Lucy 2012 Surly Cross Check
    Sally 2009 Specialized Dolce Elite
    Peppermint Patty 2009 Trek 4500 WSD
    Marcie 2008 Giant Sedona
    Violet 1994 Norco Kokanee

Well, we just ended up ordering two of the Charges. Hope it snows a lot in the Bethel area this winter!

SheFly

Congrats!
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Oh how exciting! I hope you really enjoy them! And I wish I could help you out with the snow thing. If only I could send you ours when it arrives! If I remember I will check back with you in the spring to see how you liked winter biking.
    Lucy 2012 Surly Cross Check
    Sally 2009 Specialized Dolce Elite
    Peppermint Patty 2009 Trek 4500 WSD
    Marcie 2008 Giant Sedona
    Violet 1994 Norco Kokanee

SHEFLY: Sounds like you have something to look forward to!!

More than likely, I've decided that I'm going to buy a Charge as well. I just has some new windows installed in the shop, so once I receive an invoice for the balance, we'll see how much is left over.

I too, own 5 Cannondales, although one is a frame that is waiting its owner to build HA!

How was your race this weekend?

DebSP - Thanks! And send whatever you don't want our way . Looking forward to trying something new. I'm used to riding in the winter, and in the snow, but the purpose built bikes seem like they will be a hoot!

Ridebikeme - You should tell the bike's owner to get on that Hoping to spend a significant amount of time in Maine this winter - we will definitely need to connect for a ride at some point! We're heading up tomorrow for the week - heard talk of some snow... The races yesterday were awesome, but hard! Very technical terrain for a CX race. Did the Women's 1/2/3 first, and then, just because I am a sucker, lined up for the SSCX race as well . DH won back to back 1/2/3 and SSCX races. I podiumed in the first race, and "won" the women's SSCX race. It was a good day!

SheFly