Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

Don't worry, Emily... he got over it! He's like me, essentially does not worry about this kind of stuff.
    Oak, that drinking fountain sounds like an awesome idea. I can think of a few places around here where they should be put in for cyclists.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

There's a water fountain at my gym that also has a sensor at the back for bottles. You hold the bottle upright in front of the sensor and the water comes out a tap directly above it. But there is also a regular water-fountain spigot in the front.

==

On Saturday I did a ride in the rain. I thought about this thread every time I took a drink from my water bottle. Yesterday and today my stomach has felt kinda queasy. Nothing serious, just enough to make me think about drinking from that water bottle in the rain. I'd do it again, though. I think.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

It's not as dirty as we think.
    But, I don't drink directly from the fountain,
    I just use my bottle, fill it and drink from it.

Hey, zaki, that's pretty interesting. My mom used to tell me the same thing about running water through the house faucets before you drink it.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I usually don't but well when need calls you ignore the risks. I drink from public drinking fountains but only rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    On Saturday I did a ride in the rain. I thought about this thread every time I took a drink from my water bottle. Yesterday and today my stomach has felt kinda queasy. Nothing serious, just enough to make me think about drinking from that water bottle in the rain. I'd do it again, though. I think.
    When it's raining, try to squeeze the bottle a little bit prior to drinking, and rub it on your jersey (between your body and forearm). It's a pain, but better than drinking some unidentified muck. Now, I don't always follow my own advice...