Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cross is coming to my neighborhood!

To disable ads, please log-in.

And I'm of 2 minds about it. It's exciting that the city park in my neighborhood is hosting grassroots cyclocross every Saturday in Oct., with events for kids and first-timers and fixies, as well as for more experienced riders. But on the other hand, this is the park where I walk my dog every day. This is the park that many of us in the neighborhood have been working hard to clean up over the last few years, getting folks to pick up their trash and keep motorized vehicles off the grass, and getting the city to provide more supervision for the kids hanging out in the community center in hopes of cutting down on the vandalism. How much damage will the 'cross do? How much of the park will be off-limits to the rest of us during the event? We'll see how this goes tomorrow...

But I'm planning on riding anyway, once I decide which bike to bring, the fx or the 20 yr old road bike...

Around here each team cleans up after a race - that means taking down the course markers, picking up all of the litter and raking out the course. Usually most signs that there's been a cross race (mud, matted down grass) disappear in a few days to a few weeks. Organizers tend to be relatively careful to not cause a lot of damage, as they will not be allowed back if they do.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Are you racing, too, skhill? It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Around here each team cleans up after a race - that means taking down the course markers, picking up all of the litter and raking out the course. Usually most signs that there's been a cross race (mud, matted down grass) disappear in a few days to a few weeks. Organizers tend to be relatively careful to not cause a lot of damage, as they will not be allowed back if they do.
    Not so much in SW Ohio, at least from what I've heard. Maybe it depends on who is organizing it. Some seem to be better about it than others.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Well, the thunderstorms rolled in just as they were finishing up the kids' races so I didn't get to ride. We did have a nice ***** session about our city's dreadful bike lanes while we were huddled on the community center's porch hoping the rain would stop though. Same time, next week.