Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chasing Leaves

To disable ads, please log-in.

We're just starting to see a bit of color in the leaves. It won't be long but it's still in the 80's here in the afternoons.
    cryin' won't help ya prayin' won't do ya no good

Speaking of leaves -- on a ride recently, I had several amusing encounters of the leaf variety -- first, I got to the bottom of a descent and was waiting on my riding buddy when I noticed there was a leaf stuck to one brake hood -- it had been pinned there mid-fall and was damp enough to stick. I peeled it off and went on my way -- and a few minutes later on a descent, a leaf plastered itself to my knee, and as I slowed down slowly crept down my leg. I hadn't intended to go chasing leaves, but I'd caught two.

We're really not getting any color this year. I guess it was the super wet July in the middle of an otherwise very dry summer. We still have walnuts though. Dangerous.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    We're really not getting any color this year. I guess it was the super wet July in the middle of an otherwise very dry summer. We still have walnuts though. Dangerous.

Hickory nuts and surprise Osage oranges are also fun.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I remember a couple of years ago I was climbing a grade, not one of the very steepest but probably >15%, and a walnut fell right in front of me, barely missed me, then proceeded to roll allllllllll the way down the hill ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I had a leaf stuck to the top of my shoe yesterday. It was extremely odd. 80 again today. There seems to be a lot more color than I would expect at this time.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I remember a couple of years ago I was climbing a grade, not one of the very steepest but probably >15%, and a walnut fell right in front of me, barely missed me, then proceeded to roll allllllllll the way down the hill ...
    I got hit by a falling acorn while riding once. That was...odd.

A walnut would have hurt a lot more!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    If I had to sell cycling to someone on the joys of returning to cycling, it would be to take them cycling on a warm lovely fall day. For snowy, icy winter days, autumn fall rides are what I dream about. :)
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Oh yeah, tons of walnuts here in KC! We were avoiding them as best as possible on the trail the other day. What a mess.

Catrin, we lived on the third floor for 1.5 years in NC before moving to Belize. Carrying my light Bike Friday up was not a problem, but carrying my MTB up got to be annoying, so I do feel your pain. I had a shoulder injury as well that made it a bit more difficult. I don't miss those days!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Colours in our area tend to be brilliant yellow.
    One of our favourite viewing areas. But there are other beautiful areas which I was happily shooting photos. It certainly isn't always a fast ride during this time.

Too bad I can't upload a pic since I can't see to find the button to delete some of my older photos posted in TE forums.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.