Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terry Bolero

Terry Bolero

To disable ads, please log-in.

TE is carrying these now! A most useful item for days that start cool, but you know will be heating up.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I bought one of these a couple of years ago, and it's a really nice layer.

At the time I bought mine, they ran small (as in I usually wear a medium jersey, and my bolero is a L/XL, tried the S/M and felt it was too tight) - hopefully that's something the manufacturer has corrected... But then again, maybe it's me - I don't like clothing that is really tight.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    A little birdie told me I might get one of these for my birthday. They are so very nice for those days that start out a little chilly and then get warm.

Here's a pic for those of you who aren't familiar with it!

Thats really cute. Hmm wondering if my husband will notice another new cycling garment.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    Thats really cute. Hmm wondering if my husband will notice another new cycling garment.
    Cute AND functional. If he does notice, he'll be jealous they don't make 'em for guys.

They work really well with sleeveless jerseys............ that way you don't have the evening-out-with-long-gloves look of arm warmers with the sleeveless jerseys. Or a weird little tan line. Tho' I guess you could just say you're making a new fashion statement!

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

How's the sizing? Similar to Terry's jersey sizes?

I got a small/medium. I get a medium everything.

V.

TandemHearts.com

i keep looking at these! in the summer... i wear the racer back cycling tops... so arm warmers are useless (cuz my upper arm, shoulders and back would still be cold!)

i may have to order me one of these!

At one time TE offered two different ones--light weight and heavy weight. I have the light weight one and use it often. It makes any short sleeved jersey into long sleeves instantly. I like it.

I wore mine today over a long sleeve jersey. It worked out pretty well. I was doing a LOT of climbing (2600 feet in 19 miles) and wanted to be warmer, but didn't want to stop to remove an underlayer if I got too warm.

I'm not sure which type I have. Terry only had one kind when I ordered.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Smile I Give Up!!

I've been eyeing this piece of clothing for a _long_ time. I saw a girl wearing one at Horrible Hundred in October, and it looked very nice. It's been on my wish list for months. Well, today I started out in 60F cloudy weather. I wore a LS jersey over a tank jersey, with a windproof vest. I originally had on armwarmers and the tank, but it looked ridiculous. I warmed up pretty quickly- so my front was cool but my back was hot. I think the Bolero would keep arms warmer than jersey sleeves, which are meant to breathe, without cooking the back. So I'm getting one! And a mirror.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I discovered today that if you have good balance, you can take it off while riding. I wouldn't recommend it in a crowd or with traffic and if you can't stash it while moving, there's no point.

V.

TandemHearts.com

heavyweight or lightweight?

Does anyone know whether the bolero sold here is the lightweight or the heavyweight version? Or if perhaps Terry only makes one type now?

Thanks,

~Cari

I have a Bolero purchased from Terry but made by Zoelle. I've seen the current Terry version and it may be a tad lighter but I don't know. I do remember Terry selling two different weights of the Zoelle but that was a while back.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.