Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Chalk Paint - the OTHER kind

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am told there is a chalkboard paint that one can apply to the wall that allows the use of crayons and is washable. I am considering using a small amount of of this in my "fitness" room in my new apartment instead of mountain a white board to keep track of my workouts at home. Just how washable IS this paint? Is it appropriate for my use or should I just stick with the white board approach? I like being able to see my workout on the wall - it keeps me from getting distracted. It sounds kind of fun to be able to write on the wall - brings out my inner child

I'd be a little concerned about chalkboard paint in an apartment, because if you move, you'll have to repaint it, and I don't know how well you can paint over it.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I'd be a little concerned about chalkboard paint in an apartment, because if you move, you'll have to repaint it, and I don't know how well you can paint over it.
    I've read the instructions on how to cover it up. I think I will go with a $12 white board instead - as interesting an idea it is.

I have a white board peel &stick paper on my office wall in my apartment, so it sort of makes you feel like you are writing on your wall- that might be a happy median

(the backing is adhesive and it doesn't remove paint). I use it to track how close I am to paying off my debts(huge motivator to see things get smaller each month and the amount of monthly payoffs become less!)

Re: Chalk Paint - the OTHER kind

Interesting, I've not heard of that and it removes the need of mounting a white board on the wall. I will check it out, thanks!