Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

China Camp Single Track

To disable ads, please log-in.

China Camp State Park is about an hour from our house and has legal single track! It's on the coast, so much cooler than where we live and shaded. We rode some nice, not at all technical single track for about 3 miles and then started climbing. The climb was pretty gradual - I did it all in my middle ring. Once we made it to the ridge, we found the more technical stuff - some exposure, rocky, roots and more narrow. It was fabulous! We did have a descent on a really nasty, deeply rutted steep fire road. Definitely did the ride in the right direction.

I did eat it on a downhill switchback, almost within in sight of the car. I was through the corner, but had kind of fixated on the railing on the outside edge. I think my weight wasn't correctly balanced, and I used too much front brake. I just hit the ground with a rather loud whup. Bruised of course and a little blood, I now have a reason to replace my grips.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Gee you aren't loving that new bike at all, are you?!
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I am having so much fun! I rode over some gnarly downhill today, that I swear the bike was floating over. I wish I didn't have to work so I could ride more.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

So sorry about the fall, V, but it sounds like you had a great time regardless!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I've ridden China Camp (eons ago). If I remember, there is some good exposure/drop off there. Good for you for mastering that . Glad to see that you are enjoying the new bike so much!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

There is actual quite a bit of exposure on the ridge line and it's pretty rocky. I often didn't take the slightly smoother line that most riders had because it was too close to the edge. That's one thing I really like about the new bike - how well I can power it over rocks! Thom asked me at one point if I was freaking and I was just a little, but Crested Butte was really good for my confidence with that stuff. Plus when you've got two professionals critiquing you and they believe you can ride stuff like that... That trip was SO worth every dime!

I'm definitely stiff today. I think my left forearm took the brunt of the fall. It's pretty bruised.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Glad to see you are feeling the love for the new bike - and that looks like a fun trail to ride. Glad you didn't injure yourself worse. Is the trail close enough that you can ride it again soon?

I have nothing to say except...

YAY!!!!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS