Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: SMP Glider

SMP Glider

To disable ads, please log-in.

It took a while to lose the bruised sit bone feeling, but my rides just get longer all the time. Did the MS Bike tour up at Waskesui yesterday, for a total of 2.5 hours of riding time. Only very slightly sore on the ishio-whatevers. This saddle rocks! It helps to have bought a Lite 209 for the other bike to get used to that pelvic bone pressure during weekday rides as well.
    Queen of the sea beasts

How did you figure out which one (two) of their saddles to choose?
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

My husband has Gliders, and one Stratos as well. I tried both at his urging and decided the Stratos was just a little too narrow. The Glider is possibly a little wide, so I got the Lite 209 because the Steve Hogg website put it's functional width about halfway between the two. A lot of women favour these two models. Sit bone width is sort of irrelevant to SMP saddles, but mine measure about 135, if that gives you an indication. The SMP site uses waist measurement, which seems very odd to me - according to that I'd need a very wide model like the Plus or the Avant.
    Queen of the sea beasts

My sit bone measurement is 125-130 and I am on a Drakon on my roadie and a Lite 209 (more padded version of Drakon, essentially) on our tandem. LOVE them both. These saddles have been game-changers for me. I no longer am getting chafed and pinched to the point of drawing blood, nor dealing with any numbness or need to squirm around on the saddle. I am having to develop new sit bone toughness, since my weight is being born further forward on my sit bones.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

FYI for those considering an SMP, wekeepyoucycling has certain models on sale $100 off. I'm considering a lite 209, of course that ones not marked down.
    2009 Specialized Roubaix pro/SMP lite 209
    2010 Trek 4300/Specialized ariel 155

Did my first CX race with my new Glider and it's official -- I <3 SMP!!! I now have 3 -- Drakon on my road, Lite 209 on our tandem, Glider on my CX. I am considering a Glider for my MTN bike if I ever work up the courage to ride that again, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2