Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

It's been a while, I've been out biking!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I did a second tour this summer. It wasn't the one I wanted to do but it was good to do. In December my brother mentioned that he wanted to ride across Ohio with me. I could tell last year that he wished he could drop everything and join me. How could I say no?

I've only done the one tour my 2012 solo Ohio to Erie trail ride across Ohio. I didn't really know what to tell him as far as advice on how to prepare. So my second tour was with my brother doing basically the same tour except we rode it from Erie to Ohio. Starting at the lake and ending at the river. Touring with some one is totally different from going it alone.

www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/2013Ohio

I rode 2500 miles last summer and I'm trying to at least duplicate that before things get too cold. I'm always trying to get in the miles.
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46

Awesome! I want to do that ride one day. (I grew up in Cincy and lived in Cleveland for 4 years. )
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

You have a lot of brothers & sisters. That's so cool that you got to ride with one and see others along the way.
    70+ miles/day is pretty ambitious, even without carrying a lot of gear. Hope you get to tour some other places soon!
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Cool -- I'll have to share your link with my DH. He's from Ohio and has mentioned wanting to do this tour at some point. Glad you had fun!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow