If anyone's interested.... It's about 1.5 to 1 hr. 45 min. from Boston area. The start time is not too early, to allow people to get down there. I pre-rode it a couple of weeks ago, and there's a lot of variety in scenery. If you are interested, PM me and I can do the screening and give you the start information.
Mystic/Stonington
June 22
Rating: Intermediate
Open
Please join us for a nice cruise over mostly flat to rolling terrain that has something of interest for everyone. The route goes down into Stonington Village en route to Stonington Point and its marvelous views of Fishers Island Sound to the southwest and Block Island Sound to the southeast. The route then heads inland up and past wine country into No. Stonington Village. The route heads back toward the ocean and features a lovely ride along the Mystic River. You might want to bring a lunch because places to purchase anything along the route are limited. If we get finished later in the day and folks are still hungry we can grab a bite to eat at the world renowned Mystic Pizza. Remember the film Mystic Pizza starring my favorite actress Julia Roberts (just kidding!)? Everyone must have a helmet, a spare tube and a pump to inflate said tube. Of course if it rains we will have to cancel but let's keep our fingers crossed. Here is the link for the ride: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1054841