Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Another very happy tushie. Could this be saddle Nirvana?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wow! After many trials and tribulations, and aches and pains with various saddles, Slinkedog was kind enough to post her results with the Selle SMP Stike. I am forever indebted to the Slinkster!!!!!!!! I took this saddle for it's first spin this morning and was absolutely delighted! It felt like my soft tissue was floating on air! No pressure whatsoever! My sit bones were happy and it was an absolute spiritual experience.

I am really amazed at this saddle. They really put a lot of thought into it. When they claim that the saddle is ergonomically correct, they are not kidding. When bent deep over the bars with tush in the saddle, my soft tissue was free of pressure while the front of my pelvic bone was firmly supported. Truly a wonderful invention. Just wanted to pass this on to others who are still struggling with finding the right saddle. Mine is the Selle SMP Strike Ladies TRK. It is the only Ladies model they make but has a vinyl cover rather than leather. The vinyl doesn't bother me a bit nor detract from the functionality of this saddle. The higher end SMP Strikes have leather covers if that is what you desire.

Happy trails!!!!!
    Last edited by boulderbliss; 02-18-2006 at 05:23 AM.

After Slinke's recomendation, I finally ordereed one yesterday - I am looking forward to the same experience!

I gotta go put mine on the bike! Did you guys have to change your seat post height at all with the new saddle?

I didn't. I just slapped mine on, eyeballed it at more or less level with a slight tilt downward, and went for a spin. I was amazed that I didn't have to make one adjustment. I found this saddle very user friendly.

After the torture I went through today on the Arione I'm going to give this one a whirl. It sounds like it's perfect for solving the problems I'm having. Let's hope! I'm really starting to lose hope.

Wow! I'm SO happy that you like the saddle, BB! I am really happy with it, as well. It looks wacky and I've gotten some odd looks and silly comments, but I love it. My soft tissues have never been happier... on a saddle, that is.

Snap, I didn't change my seatpost height, either. It was easy to install... nice long rails.

Z, have you been able to get rid of any of your other saddles on Ebay?

Based on the reviews here, I just ordered one of these! They do look a bit strange but it makes sense! I can't wait til it arrives (hopefully on a day when DH is travelling! )

Thanks for the insight!!!

Tracy

Congratulations!!! I hope you like it as much as Slinke and I do. I was at the end of my rope before I found this saddle. The split in the back is also especially helpful for the tailbone. I no longer have any pressure there either. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.