Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How do I keep from falling so much?

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.bikejames.com/strength/ri...-on-the-trail/

GREAT advice for beginners. This guy has pretty good tips in his blog.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I ride out of the saddle a lot, which may help explain why I haven't fallen until today, even as a new rider. It may also explain why I did crash today. I was in my saddle when I hit those roots if memory serves. I'm not trying to overthink it, but I do wonder if I could have responded to my bike going wonky if I'd been out of the saddle.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

It's hard to convince a new rider that you really do have more control out of the saddle. It doesn't seem logical.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

It was one of my biggest takeaways from the skills clinic I took two years ago. On my first post-clinic ride, I got out of the saddle on an early section of the trail that, at the time, freaked me put and was amazed by the difference. So, I became a believer from the start. Plus, I find it to make my rides more fun. Even with a FS bike, I don't like feeling beat up bike sitting too much.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

10x on out of the saddle...one of my fav Luna pro clinic lessons included Suzie Snyder's admonition that no matter how tired you are keep your butt off the seat.. even if it is only an inch.... hover, hover, hover,... I still hear it in my mind when riding.....