Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Aluminum Trek 1000 early 90s bike - located in Fairbanks AK

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd try to find someone on here to give it to instead of giving away on craigslist.
    I've let this bike sit on my porch for 2 years, and I think it's time we part ways. I purchased it on craigslist a few years ago to see if I liked road biking, and turns out I did (just not the downtube shifters) so I upgraded (to a Trek Madone!)

As you can see from the photo, it hasn't been babied recently. I had everything tuned up/replaced as needed when I bought it 5 years ago, but haven't done anything with it since I bought my new bike. There's rust on the gears and the tires and tubes will probably need to be replaced. The last time I used it, the bike computer worked, so I think as of this point it just needs new batteries. I think most of it would clean up pretty well.

Anyway, would love to give this bike to someone who could really use it, who maybe wants to give road biking a try for the first time (or wants to rebuild this from the frame and make a cool looking retro bike). The problem is I live in Fairbanks Alaska so I know most of you on this forum won't be able to take advantage of my offer. Just thought I would try before giving it away to someone on craigslist who might just take it and sell it. Please pass this info on to anyone who may be interested!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	2898 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	16669  

what size is this bike?
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.

I'm pretty sure it's a 52. I can't actually find this written anywhere on the bike, I just know that's the size of my current bike and the fit seems the same. (I'm 5'5")

Aluminum Trek 1000 early 90s bike - located in Fairbanks AK

I sent this to my nephew, who sent it to a friend in Fairbanks. Her name is Mary Beth. She is interested and I think she may contact you about it.
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.