Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: I Know Squat :)

I Know Squat :)

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am taking on a challenge in September that should be fun, in an odd sort of way. It is the humble air squat The challenge is is to do 30 air squats on Sept 1 and then add 5 each day for the month. Just an easy body-weight exercise that is good for hips and other things that can be done anywhere. Anyone interested in joining me?

I'm in! I love squats. I'm in heaven at a squat rack (really!).
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I'm in. I actually started that a couple months ago, but then forgot about half a week in, so just stopped. I thought there was a rest day on Day 7. Are you including that or not?
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

I'll give it a try. I'm supposed to do squats daily to help stabilize my wonky hip.

It is nice to have the company I probably won't do a rest day but there isn't any reason why others can't. Air squats are a nice way to recover from some of the wilder things we do in my group training. So September 1st, here we come!

I hear you Dogmama, I love the squat rack as well!

I'll join! It'll be a nice warm up on strength days and also something I can do in hotels (or airports!) when my fall travel schedule kicks in. Cool!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Hmmmmmm.

I don't want to go for quantity because I basically can't even do one squat with good form - I don't have the flexibility in the low back OR in the ankles. But it's something to work on. I need to put a program back together, anyway...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I'm in!

Oakleaf, my trainer has me doing them with my hands against the wall. Not leaning on the wall, just using it for balance. Before that when I was in PT, I'd hold on to the side bar of one of the treadmills. This has helped me develop proper form.

another good approach is if you have access to a TRX and hold the straps in hand when going down into the squat. The TRX is both easier and more difficult at the same time - easier because it moves with your body where the wall does't, and more difficult because it moves with your body...

Re: I Know Squat :)

2 more days before we start I love challenges with myself and this is one my shoulder can't interfere with!

How is it going? Sunday I did my 30 squats. Monday we did 100 air squats in our group workout so I decided that counted I still need to do my 40 for today, probably tonight after I go for a walk after dinner. I DID do 30 1-legged TRX squats this morning in group training but that wasn't the same thing so I've decided they didn't count. More squats are good