Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yes, we tend to forget to take pictures of our "babies".

Here is how the law works in Canada: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Rev...943/story.html
    Each province has a human rights code which are all similar with respect to employment, housing... I believe the basis is Canadian federal constitutional law, Charter of Rights.

Have I heard someone not hired because of a criminal record/charge? Yes, it was a U.S. applicant. We did not spend time to figure out what the charge was. (Seriously wonder how long the cross-border criminal check would have meant from Canada into U.S.....for a temporary worker.) We really needed to work with the person on-site to speed up collaboration work. So our preference for simplicity were Canadian candidates to speed up project start timeframes.

This is for a public sector/govn't employer.

Yes, I work in an area with sensitive info.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but I have a friend at work who told me that her original boss told her that it came down to her and one other person. The other person had some questionable things on their FB page so she got the job.

tough that

Also off topic but I once had a kid hit my car right smack in front of a fire station. I think the guys were a little disappointed that they didn't get to break out the jaws of life. Anyway it was cold out so we were all in the fire station waiting for the police. The cop shows up and tells me that he smelled alcohol on his breath, kid is 20, the very next day he is supposed to be leaving for an archological dig in Malta, he's a senior in college, his girlfriend is pretty much breaking up with him at that very moment. In the cop's opinion the kid is not drunk but he's underage so by definition if he gives him a breathalizer anything at all showing up means he'll have to arrest him. What do I want to do?

All the firemen are looking at me. It was actually kind of tense. I asked the cop if he could scare the kid really bad and then let him go. He got a really evil glint in his eye. I fear I unleashed something here but I figure if he can scare him out of doing anything stupid like that again then ok. I think the guys hanging out there watching the goings on approved.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    A side note for those of you who live in Seattle....the Seattle PD started a twitter feed the beginning of this month for the stolen bikes they have recovered and bikes that have been found/turned in. Having a photo and serial number of your bike is a good idea to help get it back!!

https://twitter.com/GetYourBikeBack
    I wonder if Mimi has seen that link? It would be so great if she got Donald's bike back.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

We are out of town right now. The detective contacted us right before we left and used the word, "kids," and said the "kids were going to be charged" so I assumed they were minors. We didn't have any time to do anything else as we were on a tight deadline. will know more when we get back and pick up the bikes and will post then.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Hopefully this kids have learned not to it again at the very least and there are consequences. It great you got the bikes back. Here in San Francisco, caught stealing a bike is a mis-demeanor assuming you get caught.

I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID. I hope those juvies get charged to the fullest. So much for me being understanding. It wasn't a random act for joy riding. It was deliberate and well thought out.

We claimed our recovered stolen bikes today. They were obviously not just picked up for joy riding.

The luggage rack on my SO's bike was removed. The rack is needed to hold the rechargeable battery. I hope we can replace it. If not, the bike is not useable for someone who needs assistance. We are talking about a $2500+ bike!

The Garmin mounts are also gone. Thanks goodness we keep the computer Garmin's inside.

The coil lock on the top tube I use to lock my bike up when on rides is gone . . . they would have needed a bolt cutter to remove that. That surely would take some thought. If I am going to lock my bike up out of my site, I am going to purchase a much better lock.

My seat bag is gone, my SO's front bag and seat bag are gone.

The end caps on the handle bars are missing.

My Ruby was filthy but I washed it. And my poor Ruby . . . There are lots of new DINGS and scratches.

I test rode the Ruby a little bit a go. The ride seems okay. But it is hard to ride the bike right now. I feel so violated knowing someone else had and abused her so much! I wonder if I will be able to let go of that awful feeling and enjoying riding my Ruby again.

Re: Stupid Kids . . . I know they stole our bikes but . . .

{{{Kajero}}} so sorry

I can sort of understand that there exists some sort of idiot thief reasoning for their actions, but taking end caps is just beyond me :|

What the hell were they going to use them for, ear plugs?

Maybe they thought they could remove the handle bar tape and then decided it was too much work??? I had replaced the white tape with blue tape because the white tape looked so dirty. The blue color on the handle bars is unique. It was what caught the police's eye to stop the thieves while they rode the bikes. I am so glad we provided really good photos to the police

And for those of you who are reading this . .
    PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER, MODEL AND YEAR OF YOUR BICYCLES WRITTEN DOWN IN A SAFE PLACE. Also take a photo of the serial number on the bike and a photo of you and your bike together in front or your house or your car! It helps as point of reference. The detective said these things really helped with the recovery of the bikes! You cannot have too much information!!!!
    Last edited by kajero; 09-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Muirenn,
    I did think of that. Trouble is the insurance deductible is $2500. I have a bike to ride. My SO doesn't. He needs the e assist thing.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Thanks for the tips! I did all those things, save for taking a photo of me and my bike. I hope I'll never need them though!

I'm so glad you found your bikes, it doesn't happen often with such expensive bikes! I hope the police will be able to recover the rest of your equipment as well

Quote Originally Posted by kajero View Post
    Maybe they thought they could remove the handle bar tape and then decided it was too much work??? I had replaced the white tape with blue tape because the white tape looked so dirty. The blue color on the handle bars is unique. It was what caught the police's eye to stop the thieves while they rode the bikes. I am so glad we provided really good photos to the police

And for those of you who are reading this . .
    PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER, MODEL AND YEAR OF YOUR BICYCLES WRITTEN DOWN IN A SAFE PLACE. Also take a photo of the serial number on the bike and a photo of you and your bike together in front or your house or your car! It helps as point of reference. The detective said these things really helped with the recovery of the bikes! You cannot have too much information!!!!
    I also have sales reciepts, and printout from the manufacturers website showing the specs. And a statement from my insurer that my bikes are fully covered.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Ugh. ((((((kajero))))))
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    I also have sales reciepts, and printout from the manufacturers website showing the specs. And a statement from my insurer that my bikes are fully covered.
    I did forget to mention the receipts and printout of specs. That was all the file we presented to law enforcement. Good reminder!
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Quote Originally Posted by kajero View Post
    Wow ... I'm actually a little bit amazed that an officer was vigilant enough to notice stolen bikes! I'm so glad you have them back. Sorry they are in rough shape, sounds like a little TLC is in order.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel