Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cycle Oregon!

Cycle Oregon!

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's been a long time since I've logged in here on TE - 2012 just wasn't our year- but things are looking up! For starters,we got into Cycle Oregon (and tent service for it too!). Anyone else going? After riding the hottest RAGBRAI on record last summer,I think we can handle anything that eastern Oregon has this September! Tokie

We are going as well! This will be our 3rd cycle Oregon in a row. We grew up in Central Oregon, so it feels like a visit back home. Still hasn't sold out, so I may be in the minority with that view.
    Wow, I bet ragbrai was something else!
    We are also doing Cycle Greater Yellowstone in August, that ride looks beautiful as well.

Yes, Yellowstone is an incredible place - that should be an unforgettable adventure ! Hope we can meet up during Cycle Oregon - now I just have to heal up a nagging Achilles tendonitis that is keeping off my bike ! I wasn't aware that it hadn't sold out yet- I love that part of Oregon-I'll tell my friend who also assumed that she missed getting in. I'll try to remember to PM you closer to the ride. Tokie
    Last edited by Tokie; 02-13-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokie View Post
    It's been a long time since I've logged in here on TE - 2012 just wasn't our year- but things are looking up! For starters,we got into Cycle Oregon (and tent service for it too!). Anyone else going? After riding the hottest RAGBRAI on record last summer,I think we can handle anything that eastern Oregon has this September! Tokie
    We'd love to do RAGBRAI someday! I heard that last years was quite a cooker, we had a friend whose husband did it. He also mentioned about the monumental storms a few nights, yikes.

Oregon is fabulous, you'll have so much fun. Let us know how the ride goes.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Thanks Apple Tree! I will. Yep, 2012 RAGBRAI was quite memorable-I do love the small towns and people of Iowa. We weathered the storm in our tent-apparently the sherriff drove through the campground telling everyone to evacuate,but many (most?) including us did not hear the announcement. I've never been in a tent before and have it blow almost completely flat the way it did! Tokie

I have the Cycle Oregon page open in my browser. Seriously thinking about it. It's some of the most beautiful parts of the state this year!
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

I did it. I am registered.
    2014 Felt Z75

Yay for signing up! I think it will be wonderful. It is so funny that last year sold out in 30 minutes or so, and it is still not sold out now 30 days later. It will be a flatter ride than last year, so not quite so much of a sufferfest which is AOK with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rchan View Post
    Yay for signing up! I think it will be wonderful. It is so funny that last year sold out in 30 minutes or so, and it is still not sold out now 30 days later. It will be a flatter ride than last year, so not quite so much of a sufferfest which is AOK with me.
    Do you think it's the desert that is holding anyone back? It will be darn hot, but my philosophy is that it's not a race. I have all day. I can take it easy. I'll probably even do something like load my GPS with geocaches that are right along the road and take some time to log some caches while I take a break and a photo or two. I'm doing this for fun.
    2014 Felt Z75

Trekdianna, I think it must be the location, and just not the splendor and challenge that Crater Lake was. I love Eastem Oregon as well. And I'm with you, it is for fun. First year we did it we were often the last into camp, which was just as fun as being nearly last the second time round. As long as we made lunch without them running out of food, we counted it as a success. So beautiful and wonderful wherever to be able to ride a bike all day for a week!

Trekdianna, I think it must be the location, and just not the splendor and challenge that Crater Lake was. I love Eastem Oregon as well. And I'm with you, it is for fun. First year we did it we were often the last into camp, which was just as fun as being nearly last the second time round. As long as we made lunch without them running out of food, we counted it as a success. So beautiful and wonderful wherever to be able to ride a bike all day for a week!
    I rode Sisters to Smith Rock and back this past weekend. That route has some of both the central and Eastern Oregon terrain. Gorgeous. I hope to meet you out there!
    2014 Felt Z75

We were in Sisters this last weekend, actually Suttle Lake. I did see a sign for the Sisters Smith Rock scenic bikeway. We will be back there for the quilt show in July, and planned to check it out then. Small world!

We were in Sisters this last weekend, actually Suttle Lake. I did see a sign for the Sisters Smith Rock scenic bikeway. We will be back there for the quilt show in July, and planned to check it out then. Small world!
    Not to hijack the thread, but the Tour de Chutes is the same weekend, July 13. A wonderful biking event...I did the 75 mile route last year and enjoyed it very much.

I am also riding in the 2013 CO. It will be fun to meet up with you ladies.
    it's my cycling journey blog...in it's infancy

'72 Schwinn Varsity
    '13 Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by never2late View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but the Tour de Chutes is the same weekend, July 13. A wonderful biking event...I did the 75 mile route last year and enjoyed it very much.

I am also riding in the 2013 CO. It will be fun to meet up with you ladies.
    I really wanted to do the Tour de Chutes, but unfortunately I am in Boston that week for work.
    2014 Felt Z75

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    I really wanted to do the Tour de Chutes, but unfortunately I am in Boston that week for work.

We'll just have to plan to meet up during the CO!
    it's my cycling journey blog...in it's infancy

'72 Schwinn Varsity
    '13 Bianchi