Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, Catrin.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I'm very sorry Catrin, you have my condolences.

I am so sad to hear this Catrin :-( I cannot imagine how you are feeling right now. If there is anything I can do let me know. I will be praying for you and your family.

Re: My mom...sad news

We had the memorial service last night and the internment tomorrow morning. I think I've managed to reach some kind of peace with her over these past few years as I had 2 hours of many people telling me that I am the spitting image of her long ago.

At one time that would have been offensive but no longer. She was a beautiful woman who was deeply broken as a small child. Well, she has left all of that behind now, along with the horrible cancer pain, and her final 2 days were very peaceful.

Thank you for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by Catrin; 09-15-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Hugs to you, Catrin.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

CAtrin, I'm so sorry for your loss.. I'll say some extra prayers today for your and your family.

Catrin - so sorry to read of your mom's passing. Take care of yourself as you move through the grieving process. Sending hugs.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Catrin: so sorry for your loss. It is very had to lose a parent and to cancer it is even harder - take good care of yourself. you will be in my thoughts.

What you said about your mom will make my difficult work a little bit easier today. It really resonated with me.
    I wish we knew what we know now, back when some of us here were kids.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Re: My mom...sad news

I am home, and still in some shock over the events of last week and also some things I learned about her. Just a lot of sad stuff that showed how broken she was. I am considering some professional help in processing all of this, at least for a brief time. I don't want to be blindsided by the past as the grief process settles in. While it helps to know she wasn't well, that doesn't mean it won't come up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I am home, and still in some shock over the events of last week and also some things I learned about her. Just a lot of sad stuff that showed how broken she was. I am considering some professional help in processing all of this, at least for a brief time. I don't want to be blindsided by the past as the grief process settles in. While it helps to know she wasn't well, that doesn't mean it won't come up for me.
    That's tough stuff, Catrin--and territory I'm all too familiar with given my mother's own difficult childhood and life. I have the name of a good professional if you decide to go that route.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Catrin - I don't know how I missed all this but I'm so sorry for your loss. I think your idea of seeking professional help to work through what you've learned is wise. My thoughts are with you as you mourn and heal.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Writer View Post
    Catrin, condolences to you and the rest of your family. It's so hard to lose your mom, I have too. I haven't been on the forums in a couple of months and just stopped in and followed this thread, at some point in the future you will probably take comfort that you were able to spend some time with her at the end. So sad. Take care of yourself.
    Me too.

Take care Catrin. Though it may seem odd, pneumonia at the end of life can be a welcome way out of suffering.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Catrin, I would like to add my heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your mother. There's no easy way, I think. But I will say that when I lost my mom in 2007, the sympathies and good wishes of fellow TEers were big comforts for me. I wish you peace of mind and love and support from your good friends and family as you go forward.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

So sorry for your loss, Catrin. Take good care of yourself and let others take care of you for a while if you can.