Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I like that idea.

The funny thing to me is that I was getting all cross and annoyed about having to buy a new saddle and then I thought about it and heck I've paid $100 for running shoes that didn't work out for running. In context, it doesn't seem like such a big financial outlay.

Re: well that was awkward

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    That is pretty slick! Did it assist you in picking the right saddle from the get-go?
    He didn't because I had already done the trial and error thing and love my saddle, but if I had gotten a pre fit before I got my bike or was having problems with my saddle he would have.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

well that was awkward

I have heard that this is the main reason why some women quit riding! If you haven't ridden in a while I say give it a week of riding a little every day. That's about how long it took my "soft tissue" to get used to it when I first started riding. It may also take you awhile to find a seat, but, in my opinion, there is always going to be a little discomfort at first.

I'm also recently new to road biking. Started in May. I have just over 1000 miles on my bike now. It took a couple of weeks for the pains to go away; and they were pretty awful. Now I'm completely comfortable on my bike. My hubby did get a new seat for me (but frankly, the one that came on my bike was fine too.) When I first got the new seat it was tilted forward a bit. Be cautious about that; depending on how much forward that may be an 'improper fit' issue in itself. I found that the tilt forward pushed me toward the bars which caused a lot of pressure on my wrists and I ended up with 'biker palsy'. My pinky and ring fingers were numb and contracting. Fixing the seat fixed the problem. So my suggestion is to find the right seat for you vs. fixing one bad fit issue with another. Good luck!

Hi,
    I'm very new to road biking, but even before purchasing a bike my husband and I did a LOT of research on saddles. We finally went with ISM Adamo Typhoon Saddle: "an all-purpose saddle that is designed to spare you the soft tissue and sit bone pain". I haven't logged too many miles yet, but have had no pain at all. The review I read highly recommend it for both men and women particularly to pervent the soft-tissue pain. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkyz4 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm very new to road biking, but even before purchasing a bike my husband and I did a LOT of research on saddles. We finally went with ISM Adamo Typhoon Saddle: "an all-purpose saddle that is designed to spare you the soft tissue and sit bone pain". I haven't logged too many miles yet, but have had no pain at all. The review I read highly recommend it for both men and women particularly to pervent the soft-tissue pain. Good luck.
    I swear by the Selle SMP saddles, which are similar. Weird-looking and I get comments (especially on my bright green one!), but after trying at least a dozen cheaper saddles -- that were varying degrees of not great or even really horrific -- I decided to suck it up and try an SMP (Drakon) and couldn't be happier. I have a total of 4 SMP saddles now, depending upon bike.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

freshie here- I've also been experiencing discomfort while riding on my soft tissue, cycling around town most days and have done a couple of 70km rides. I'm currently riding on my partner's male Brooks seat, and found a women's version with a cutout on their online store. Though I haven't tried this particular one, I really like their seats, and am wondering if anyone has experince or comparative knowledge in regards to a leather seat versus others?

Here's the link to the Brooks seat mentioned: http://www.brooksengland.com/catalog...17+S+Imperial/