Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cycling Socks

Cycling Socks

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've just been helping a company testing out some Cycling socks, they gave me 3 different companies socks to test out and i had to give feedback and marks out of 10 for comfort, cost, material and what they felt like whilst cycling/post ride. They gave me some Endura Coolmax Race, Polaris Coolmax Cycling and their personal made socks. I didn't know which sock was which, cycled 30 miles in each over 3 weekends and there was only one winner for me- Sockmine Ladies Cycle Air with Coolmax. They're still in development stages at the minute, but apparently they're going to have a website up and running within the next couple of weeks.

Cycling Socks

What, no rating on the cuteness factor? I never buy bike socks unless they are cute or have cool saying on them, or coordinate with my bikes. I thought I'd lost my "ride like a girl" socks and I was very upset. I found them last week at the very bottom of the drawer but the elastic is almost dead. There is a bike shop in Laramie Wyoming whose shop sock says " we hang bike thieves in Wyoming". How cool is that?
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

lol - my current favorites have monkeys wearing 3D glasses (the old red and green ones) on them.....

OMG... I just saw Sock Monkey socks.... I think I need to have them....
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

One of my favorites has a picture of a wine glass on it's side, spilled red wine and the word "tragedy" on the sole.
    Vertically challenged, but expanding my horizons.

Cycling Socks

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    What, no rating on the cuteness factor? I never buy bike socks unless they are cute or have cool saying on them, or coordinate with my bikes. I thought I'd lost my "ride like a girl" socks and I was very upset. I found them last week at the very bottom of the drawer but the elastic is almost dead. There is a bike shop in Laramie Wyoming whose shop sock says " we hang bike thieves in Wyoming". How cool is that?
    This is me too!! I always look for cute and different socks. My favorites are the little bikes with hearts in between.

I think Terry is getting away from the "ride like a girl" logo, which is sad. Now they have "ride girl". Not as fun.

I do have to say I consider performance and comfort too. I like lighter weight socks.

Hanging bike thieves sounds okay to me, LOL
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

When I rode the century, I wore the turtle socks from TE to remind me to go slow and steady.

It's become a bit of a joke among some runner friends when they wonder if they can do (name the distance) - "Do I need to send you my turtle socks?"
    "Susie" - 2012 Specialized Ruby Apex, not pink/Selle SMP Lite 209

Love the way TE took this thread and ran with it

I don't have very many cute socks but I'm very attached to the ones I have. I need more. I want ride like a girl socks!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I have 3 ride like a girl jerseys... though it's more the material and fit than the saying.
    My favorite pair of "coffee" socks bit the dust last year, after 10+ years. I wear mini socks now, anyway.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Ah, my favorite pair of cycling socks I bought in Team Estrogen (I should have bought several pairs): Monkey Business from Save our Soles. You can see them in Amazon. Love having those!
    Last edited by pll; 08-02-2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: corrected brand

Cycling Socks

Quote Originally Posted by pll View Post
    Ah, my favorite pair of cycling socks I bought in Team Estrogen (I should have bought several pairs): Monkey Business from Save our Soles. You can see them in Amazon. Love having those!
    SO CUTE! Had to order those!! I love having the Amazon app on my phone...although it can be a little dangerous. LOL.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

My favorite socks are DeFeet. I like the fit and they are comfortable. I also like "sock guy" for cross.
    2011 Cannondale CAADX 105
    2012 Jamis Dragon 29er
    2012 Jamis Xenith Endura Comp

I'm afraid... I thought the title was "cycling sucks" and I had to see what it was about. I think it's time for bed

For regular road rides and training I generally wear whatever merino socks I find a good deal on.

For cyclocross racing it's all about the craziest knee-highs I can find! I have quite a collection going, now, and try not to wear the same socks more than once in a season.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    For cyclocross racing it's all about the craziest knee-highs I can find! I have quite a collection going, now, and try not to wear the same socks more than once in a season.
    Between Cyclocross, Crossfit, and Roller Derby, my knee-high sock collections is now... impressive.

Certainly not performance socks, but I spend way too much here:
    http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/knee-highs/

I still keep meaning to pick up a pair of these spiffy compression socks:
    https://www.bondiband.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1852

-- gnat!
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73

Bondi Band has compression socks?! Oh, that is new! I love the One Hot Mess ones!

Yeah, Sock Dreams is way dangerous. I love that site!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2