Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Seacoast Century

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone else doing it?
    I'm too lazy to train for a century with big climbs, so I'll suffer my way through this, like I did 7 years ago!
    The winds along the shore made up for the lack of elevation.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Crankin,

Can you remind me when this is? Haven't rode this ride in awhile, and definitely don't have the miles for it this year.... BUT you never know I just may try it HA!

It's the weekend of September 21 or 22. You can do either or both days, for the low price of 35.00 until 7/31, then 45.00, unless they fill up. I like this, as if the weather is bad one day, you can do the other day.
    I don't have as many miles as usual, either, but I can get through this on sheer will power. Plus, you can just do the metric, 50, or 25 mile distance, if you get tired.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Thanks for the info Crankin! I had my eyes set on a ride in NE Kingdom that weekend as well, so we'll see. They too, ahve many options for distance, great food at the rest areas and of course more hills HA!

I'm doing the Take the Lake Challenge (67 miles) in Laconia NH on Sept 14. It's a charity ride to raise money for the trails. My boss is making me do it with her hahaha
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

seacoast century if full.....?
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

We're doing it Saturday.
    I've only done about 1,550 miles this year, but after the sufferfest in Vermont last weekend, I am pretty sure 100 flattish miles will be OK. I am glad it will be warm enough to wear shorts; last weekend I was wearing my Terry Bellas, as I need to wear those with my leg/knee warmers. I've loved the shorts for years, but I had some soft tissue issues during the weekend which I could still feel yesterday when I went on an easy ride with a friend. I will be wearing my Sugois for the century. And buying a couple of packets of some "butter." Got my food figured out. Now I just have to hope the wind is in my favor this time; when I did this ride 7 years ago, the wind along the coast was worse than any hill I've climbed.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura