Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: she's here!

Threaded View

Smile she's here!

a bit of background first:

for years I have yearned for a candy apple red jeep. It actually started out as a yearning for an apple candy red land rover, but devolved to a jeep as being a bit more attainable eventually. Years have gone by and I have become aware of how expensive they are to run (jeeps) and how basically how unstable the type of jeep I wanted was so it became a nice thought. Five years ago I decided that I had put in enough miles on my Trek Pilot (including three cross countries) to justify a new bike and that what would make perfect symmetry for my life would be to get a Trek Madone 6.5 WSD project one for my 65th birthday.

So I started saving under the bemused and somewhat skeptical overview of my family. About a year ago I had an encounter with a rock and rumble strip that did a lot of damage to the Pilot which set my savings back quite a bit, so much so that I didn't have quite enough saved up by the time my birthday hit in May, But then the SAG guy came through and told me the bike was mine and he would make up the difference as a birthday gift. So I ordered my dream, which also became an off beat fulfillment of my dream to own a candy apple red jeep. It isn't a jeep but it is candy apple red and gorgeous.

So today I picked up CA Red, my custom designed Trek Madone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	getting fitted.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	16545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	checking the crank.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	16544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outside house.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	16543  
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."