Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Semi-unexpected new bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been secretly coveting the beautiful folding bikes I've seen around town. As I was looking into purchasing a true hybrid, I came across a dealer who had previously been a Bike Friday dealer and had three "floor models" for sale. I took one of the Tikits for a ride and feel in love with the quick fold bike. Unfortunately, it was way too big for me so I knew if I travelled down this road, I'd be looking at buying through Bike Friday directly. Before I had a chance to go through that process, I test drove a Brompton six speed. I LOVED IT and the LBS that sold them. The owner is acerbic but his humor is right up my alley. It was the first time I was on a bike and KNEW it was was the right one.

Last year, I bought matching Jamis Coda Sports for myself and my daughter. Little did I know that my daughter would have a growth spurt and immediately outgrow her bike. I am passing down my Jamis to her and selling her bike, as no one in the household fits her bike. (That is my rationalization for buying the hybrid.)

I still plan on buying something to fill in the gap in my fleet but I'm not sure I'll be riding anything but the Brompton for awhile. What an amazing bike. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	16497
    2012 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2010 Giant XTC2
    2012 Jamis Coda Sport
    2010 3G Beach Cruiser (lives at the beach)

2013 Brompton

Congratulations on your Brompton!

CONGRATS! I'm starting to feel that I don't own enough bikes now.
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by tigermom View Post
    congrats! I'm starting to feel that i don't own enough bikes now.
    rofl
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Congratulations! My friend is trying to convince me to get a Brompton. It's great you were able to test ride it, and felt good about the LBS, as well. Happy miles!