Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Mizunos definitely aren't for everyone. Some love them, some (me!) hate them, but across the line their sole is SUPER stiff. I mean, that hard plastic plate...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Mizunos definitely aren't for everyone. Some love them, some (me!) hate them, but across the line their sole is SUPER stiff. I mean, that hard plastic plate...
    I didn't find them very stiff - and now they are almost as twistable as a noodle...but they WERE my first running shoe that were the proper size They seemed fine for indoor running, but I was never really comfortable in them outside. The Brooks, on the other hand, are a very different story. Of course they ARE trail shoes, and likely I was using the Waverunners for broader applications than they were designed.

I *love* my Mizunos. But, they are not for trail running. I love them because they are flexy and loose in the toe box (mesh?) and don't annoy my bunion. But, I like and need the support in the heel. They are perfect for me. I wear them at the gym for boot camp and for any outdoor/indoor running I do.
    My trail runners are acutally Merrell light hikers. I've thought about getting trail runners, but they work.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Re: Trail Running Shoes

I do like my Mizunos, they are great for inside work. Too soft for even light walking on anything other than pavement. I don't know what I will eventually replace them with. My LRS says they might last 2 more months- but of course they are in the business of selling shoes

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I loved Mizuno trail shoes...until I badly sprained my ankle wearing a pair. At the time I thought that really blocky, hard heel was a good thing, but in hindsight I realize that it caused my foot to teeter-totter off of roots and stumps, instead of absorbing them some. In hindsight I wish I'd had a MUCH more minimal shoe--better sore feet from lumpy bumpy terrain than a permanently FUBARd ankle. I'd love to get back to off-road running, but I may try doing more in something similar to my Nike Frees. I wish they'd make a trail version with some grippier, more lugged outsole.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2