Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2013 Brown County Breakdown

To disable ads, please log-in.

EARLY BIRD ONLINE REGISTRATION
    July 1 thru July 31
    Cost is $100

GENERAL ONLINE REGISTRATION
    August 1 thru September 25
    online registration closes at NOON
    Cost is $125

ONSITE REGISTRATION
    September 27 thru September 29
    Cost is $150

YOUTH REGISTRATION
    Includes event camping, t-shirt and hog roast
    Ages 17 and under participating in Sunday ride.
    Youth riders must be accompanied by an adult.
    Cost is $65 online or onsite

YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE SEPT 19 IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE RECEIVING AN EVENT T-SHIRT.

2013 Musical Line-up Featuring
    Derick Howard
    White Lightning Boys
    New Old Calvary
    Chicago Farmer
    Eric Lambert and Friends
    Rumpke Mountain Boys
    Whipstitch Sallies
    and more!

The 9th Annual Brown County Breakdown will take place on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at the IMBA Epic Brown County State Park in beautiful Nashville, Indiana. Join us for an entire weekend of live bluegrass music, epic mountain biking, free bike and product demos and much, much more. The Brown County Breakdown was recently named one of the "BEST BIKE FESTS" by Outside Magazine. Others on the list include Crankworx, Downieville Classic, Outerbike and DirtRag Dirt Fest! The Breakdown is the largest fundraising event for the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association.

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness...Breakdown.html

Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for all the info and a link to register for the 9th annual event!

More info about the Brown County trails can be found at www.browncountymountainbiking.com and www.imba.com/epics/brown-county

So sad that I have to move that weekend and can't at least volunteer for this wonderful three day bluegrass/mountain bike festival! It is WELL worth any amount of traveling to reach

Hmmmmm, I may just try to attend. Does anyone know of any RV camping areas near there?? I'll try to talk DH into this..looks fun
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Trek-chick View Post
    Hmmmmm, I may just try to attend. Does anyone know of any RV camping areas near there?? I'll try to talk DH into this..looks fun
    There's RV camping in Brown County State Park. I'm sure there are other sites in Brown County, but we always camp (tent camping though) in the park itself when mtbing bike there. You can't beat the convenience or the setting.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    There's RV camping in Brown County State Park. I'm sure there are other sites in Brown County, but we always camp (tent camping though) in the park itself when mtbing bike there. You can't beat the convenience or the setting.
    As Indy says, there are electric RV camping spots in the Brown County State Park campground. The campground is at the opposite end of the park from the area where ALL of the festivities are held. If you reserve early enough there is a parking lot at the event where RVs can park - though I don't think electricity is available. If the ground is dry enough there is also grass parking - but I think they try to not go that route.There is something very nice about being able to walk a few feet from the music or beer shelter to your tent or camper - and then you don't have to find parking the morning of the "little" mountain bike ride with hundreds of your best friends

Hey folks... the Brown County Breakdown is just three weeks away... are you signed up yet!

This is by far going to be our biggest and best Breakdown yet. *

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown has added new trail or a new section EVERY YEAR since its 2005 inception.... and this year will be no different! *We're clearing brand new sections of trail NEVER BEFORE OPEN TO MOUNTAIN BIKERS in the near by Yellowwood State Forest - FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!! *This will be the only day of the year when you can check it out! *

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown is the largest fund-raising event for the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association (http://www.hmba.org). *Both 2011 and 2012 saw more than $20,000 going to the organization. *This year we're on track to hit the $100K mark with total money raised since we started in '05!

Did you know?
    ~ Just this year we were listed as one of the "BEST BIKE FESTS" by Outside Magazine. *Only 11 fests were on this list that included such other great events as Crankworx, Downieville Classic, Ride Sun Valley, Dirt Rag's Dirt Fest, Outerbike and more!

Did you know?
    ~ That by registering for the Breakdown AND renewing/joining/extending your IMBA membership you can win a Scott bike with SRAM XX1 group valued at more than $6000! *Check out the website for all the info.

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown hosts one of the largest bike and products demos in the Midwest... This year you can check out new product from Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Specialized, Scott Bikes, Diamondback, Liv/giant, SKS-Germany, GORE, Hammer Nutrition, Kitsbow MTB Apparel and more!

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown is FAMILY FRIENDLY! *We encourage folks to bring the kids along. *It's a great way to get the whole family involved! *The Saturday demo includes a Family Fun Ride on the IMBA Epic Brown County mountain bike trails as well as the NITRO Kids Zone where the young'ins can spend the afternoon playing on obstacles and having fun! *

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown draws riders from across the country. *We already have registrations from California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia!

Did you know?
    ~ The Breakdown isn't a race. *We don't keep track of your mileage and we don't care how little or how much you ride. *We simply give you a "suggested" route to explore and you choose how far you want to go. *Our routes can take you up to 100 miles WITHOUT REPEATING ANY TRAIL! *The Breakdown is a celebration of mountain biking... with a little bluegrass thrown in for fun! *

Now that you know a little more about the Breakdown - we hope to see many of you there!

Go to http://www.browncountybreakdown.com for all the info and a link to register!

I'm headed up Friday morning. It's going to be torture hearing how much fun Rola and Hazy and having without me before I get there.

Re: 2013 Brown County Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by ricky87 View Post
    I'm headed up Friday morning. It's going to be torture hearing how much fun Rola and Hazy and having without me before I get there.
    This was last weekend hoping your post just took a week to show for sone reason?