Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

My Specialized Ruby took a bath in the pouring rain.

To disable ads, please log-in.

SO and I took our bikes to Mandan/Bismarck, ND to go riding. My daughter lives there now because she is was admitted to the graduate physical therapy program at University of Mary. We attended the July 4 parade with her in Mandan ND. Before the parade it rained and poured and poured and poured and then it got beautifully sunny and warm so the parade could start. The bikes were on the bike rack on the back of the car and, of course, were thoroughly drenched/washed. Is there anything special we need to do for the bikes? They did get quite a "drying" because the sun did come out for the 3 hour parade and then we had to drive back to the motel. So not only were the bikes "sun-dried" they were also air dried.

We took a fantastic ride on July 5 and nothing seemed to be amiss with the bikes.

I am "credit-card" mechanic. I'd rather have the LBS do my work for me lest I screw it up.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Lube that chain up and you should be good.

I ride in the rain all the time, including the last four days, mostly not on purpose, but it's South Florida, and it rains nearly every day in the summer. I just dry my bike well after the rain, and clean and lube the chain. I've not had a problem.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

If the bikes weren't moving (either on their own or on a moving car) during the rain, then just lubing the chain should be sufficient.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72