Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: July (L)egg fry running

To disable ads, please log-in.

We are having great temps as well! I admit that I am torn between a trail run this evening or a ride...but whatever I do it will be fun! It will likely be decided by whether my shoulders are still sore tonight.

I went for a nice mtb ride this morning. I am taking the next couple days off running since I have an 8K on Sunday morning.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Did a very nice 5k race this morning. At the start it was about 65 with a drizzle, and the rain picked up over the next half hour. Never a downpour, just a steady cool rain. Nice. There's a short but very steep bit on the course that we do both going down and up, and on the down hill side I was being very cautious as it was slippery. Hated getting passed by so many, but just as I got to where it leveled out a bit someone behind me fell so I felt justified. And when we went up it on the way back I was able to pass about 6 runners. There were a couple high school CC teams participating again, and it's fun to run with them. After yesterday's overly fast run, I wasn't expecting to manage a great time, but ended up finishing in 25:05. I'll take that just about any day! Walked away with 3rd among masters women, and the race continued the tradition of ridiculously large trophies. Actually, they're huge only for us older folks; the trophies for the under-40s are quite modest.

Congrats skhill! And TrekDianna, good luck!

I need to get out for a little bit of a run. Drizzling and yucky, I feel like cr*p, and I'm supposed to go for a run with my coach in the morning, so I don't want to do too much. For about 50 cents I'd blow off running and just do yoga today...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Nice, skhill. I love running in the rain if it's not super cold

TrekDianna, how was it???

We hit a record low this morning-- 55F! Great running conditions. It was just a typical Monday easy run, except for doing an extra lap around a block that includes a steep downhill. I'm trying to get a bit more comfortable running down steep sections-- although having a red light waiting at the bottom probably didn't help. An odd thing: when I was almost home I realized that I'd gone past the locations of 2 of last week's 3 shootings. I live in an interesting neighborhood...

skhill, yikes!!

I need more practice with the downhills, too. The one thing that really threw me at Boston (besides the bombing, obviously ) was the steep descent at the start. We have plenty of steep grades where I live, but they're mostly gravel, or if they're paved they tend to have gravel washed onto them, so I'm pretty ginger with the footing going downhill. Not at all used to trying to race and being confident that one little mistake in weight distribution among my foot bones won't put me on my azz. I've been trying to be more aware of that, and really go for it on the rare occasion I get a clean paved downhill run.

I had a nice run with my (probable future) coach yesterday, a little less than 8 miles at a 9:15 pace. I met him at the bike path so it was mostly flat, although we took a spur that has a couple of overpasses, underpasses and bridges. I'm going to show him my hills next time. He's from the western, glaciated side of my county, so he's got a treat in store. He he.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Re: July (L)egg fry running

Yayyy on finding a coach Oak!

The 8K was actually pretty good. I kept my same 5k pace throughout. We were given finisher prizes that were useful - pint glasses with the name of the run on them. I did slow down for a bit on one section -- an osprey was diving for a fish and I just needed to see if it was going to come up with one. Next up - a 10K in mid August.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75