Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Mimi - Thanks for the Great RSVP ride report

To disable ads, please log-in.

[]As I'm getting a bit anxious for our upcoming RSVP ride from Seattle to Vancouver BC, I Googled the ride and stumbled on Mimi's ride report. It was written several years ago. What a delight to read about her and Don on their tandem. The photos were incredible (Mimi: your lost camera story sounded like something I would do after frying my brain on a two day ride!). Since all but one of us (the Coug) started our adult years in Bellingham, we at least know our way around town. Shouldn't have to worry about getting lost.

I hope our little group has 1/2 as much fun as you and Don did. You didn't, however, make me feel a bit better about "the Wall". Guess I'll have to keep working at those dreaded hills! Hopefully Don will be there, giving a little push to us that need it the most!

Thanks for sharing.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

That was sweet smittykitty. I'll have to look for Mimi's post and read that.

The WALL. If it makes you feel any better, I was not the only one walking up that "wall", and there were some pretty buff looking roadies keeping me company. The good news is - that hill is by far the worst one of the day, and not long after that there is the sweetest stretch of long, winding downhill into the Frasier River area you will ever see! That will be your reward! The 2nd day of RSVP is much, much easier.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Good to hear day two is the easier of the two. I think day two rides are so much harder due to the lack of adrenaline compared to the excitement of day one, not to mention being tired from day one! I've decided I'm not going to fret too much about "the Wall", after all I can walk any hill with the best of em!

Definitely check out Mimi's ride report. Here is a link to it:

http://www.sersale.org/bike/rsvp.htm

Are you riding RSVP this year?
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

Mimi - Thanks for the Great RSVP ride report

Appreciate the link!

No, not riding either big ride this year...maybe 2014?
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

wow, just saw this. You are welcome Smittykitty! That was one of the most exciting rides I've ever done. Crossing the border into Canada on a bike was a lot of fun.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

yeah, that hill is by far the worst one of the day, and not long after that there is the sweetest stretch of long, winding downhill into the Frasier River area you will ever see! That will be your reward! The 2nd day of RSVP is much, much easier.