Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: CROC anyone?

CROC anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've always wanted to ride CROC but have never been able to do it. Well, this year I am signing up and come hell or high water I'm going to try and haul my hefty rear up Cabbage hill! Anyone else?

I always WANT to--I hear it's a hoot. But the timing never works out for us. I'll look forward to hearing about it from you.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

We did it twice. Beautiful and fun! Both times we did it, there was actually snow on the road past the Dead Man's Pass rest stop, and it was pretty cold just getting to that point. We just got our patches and turned around. Did not care for the cattle guards in either direction!!!! If you stay at the resort be aware that it is smmmmokey!

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

There hasn't been much snow this year. I drove through the pass to Pendleton the other day and there is no snow right now. Kinda scary! I also drove up the highway that I'll ride on day three. Yikes! I've got some serious hill riding and weight losing to do before I'll make it up that. At least finding hills to ride where I live isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcycling View Post
    There hasn't been much snow this year. I drove through the pass to Pendleton the other day and there is no snow right now. Kinda scary! I also drove up the highway that I'll ride on day three. Yikes! I've got some serious hill riding and weight losing to do before I'll make it up that. At least finding hills to ride where I live isn't a problem.
    We were up in the Cascades this past weekend and even at over 5500 feet there was no snow.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

There was a barely 3-6 inch base when I left the Methow Valley 2 weeks ago. I'd waited for years to x country ski here, and of course, I picked the year when there was no snow and horrible skiing. However, I will definitely go back.
    It seems like the weather truly has gone crazy this year.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

-

I plan on moving here within the year, just want some ideas on the area etc..

Ill actually be up there next weekend if anyone would like to meet up.