Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

why i started biking book?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am just going to throw this out there and see what people think.
    I love all the stories that prople have submitted in the "why I started biking " post. It would be great to do a little book with photo's of each rider with the story of Why they started biking.
    My friend was involved in something similar. It was called " The apron stories". It was happy and sad stories linked to apron's people own. They are all wonderful stories. Some made me laugh and some made me cry and some I could identfie with.
    What do you think would anyone want to participate? some of you have such great stories!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I hope that you don't take my comments in a bad light; I happen to feel strongly about this, but it's more than possible (likely, even) that others here will be interested in your proposal.

While it could be an interesting project, I think it is very important that it be an "opt-in" type of project; individual information and photos should only be included if the individual chooses to participate. I suspect that's where you are heading with this, but I just wanted to be sure.

This is not the first time this type of suggestion has come up in a forum that I participate in, and my answer is the same each time. I do not want to be included in a group publication. If at some point I decide to explore publishing my adventures (in a media other than the web), I plan for it to be a solo project.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Awesome idea, Brandi! I can see photos of people doing organized rides, their townies, old pics of ladies with the bike they got in grade school...

And the stories here run such a gamut! I wonder if TE would carry it in the catalog ?

And yes this would only be for people who want to do it I would never do anything without permission.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Go for it, Brandi but be careful,

There's a ton of wisdom on this board, and I've often thought there's a book here, several books here. I've even broached this to TE and *of course* one can't use our random postings as free writers but the stuff we say here no one is writing; whether it's how we balance work/family/cycling/relationships, recovery from injury, nutrition for women athletes, cycling after 40 or 50...in part we're here because you can't find this anywhere else.

Heck yeah I'd buy Denise's book, I'd go see the movie But I agree with what she said that one has to ask permission of anything and everything that's quoted or even used as an idea if attempting something like this.

Often when it comes to art or any creative endeavor ones first taste of success is having an idea lifted without permission and seeing it elsewhere. So you always want to get permission. Is there a copyright lawyer in the house?

I cartoon a bit, right now just a hobby but sure I'd like to get some published someday. But if any of you ever said something that I planned to use even as a starting off point, believe me you'll know. I'd ask before even preliminary sketching something out.

PS: I know, I know, everyone wants to be the editor. I find I'm more interested in why we still ride. Like most here I rode as a kid and somewhere along the road stopped. We rediscover the bike for many reasons but in the face of enormous odds; cars, loose dogs, potholes, poorly fit jerseys, sometimes over our family or work objections we keep riding.

Why and how, that's fascinating.
    Last edited by Trek420; 02-20-2006 at 09:37 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/