Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Cycle the Wave!

Cycle the Wave!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I did this ride for the first time last year, and it was the best fun I've ever had on an organized bike ride... The rest stops were fabulous, the finish line festival was incredible, the cheerleaders at the intersections were encouraging, and the firefighters handing out boxes of Redhots were HUNKS.

Last year I rode the "middle sister" or 42 mile ride, which was mostly flat with just a few hill grades to grind up.

It's a women's only ride, although there are a few men on bikes to help out, the route is well marked and beautiful through the Issaquah/Bellevue area. And there are varying distances from 12 miles to 62. It is a fundraiser for domestic violence programs (the acronym stands for Women Against Violence Everywhere), but the registration fee is only $65.00 through July 31st, and additional fundraising is optional.

Just want to spread the word on this ride and the great cause it supports! Hope all you northwest ladies can ride along this year.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

I rode the 25 mile last year and echo all you said above. It was fantastic. I wish I could do it this year, but it's the day after Cycle Oregon ends and I don't think I'll have the energy.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    I rode the 25 mile last year and echo all you said above. It was fantastic. I wish I could do it this year, but it's the day after Cycle Oregon ends and I don't think I'll have the energy.
    So sorry you can't make it this year, but let us know how Cycle Oregon goes!

I'm thinking about doing this one this year.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Cycle the Wave!

Yahoo! Which route are you thinking about doing?

I have been eyeing this one. I want to do the girly girl ride. My hubby has been interviewing out of state so I haven't been able to sign up for any running events etc.

Cycle the Wave!

Yay! PattyM, you'll have a fabulous time! First 1000 riders to sign up get a fun goodie bag too.