Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How's it going STP ladies?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Are you feeling well prepared and looking forward to STP in less than two weeks now?? How is your training going?

I feel like I am missing out this year, but I am glad in a way not to have to be doing the hours of training, but I want to wish you all sunny skies, and cool temperatures and most of all tailwinds!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

I keep vacillating between thinking I am ready to do the STP, and, alternately, thinking it is really a foolish risk to take. I've been doing the Cascade training rides just fine, but haven't been riding as much as I should during the week because I'm usually babying my back after the big ride on the weekend. We had our big century ride this weekend and, of course, it was hot as hell and I suffered most of the way. I ended up cutting it short at mile 85 because the numbness in my leg (which has never fully gone away) was growing. It wasn't actually any worse than it's been on other long rides, but in combination with the nausea, it seemed prudent to be more cautious. Still not sure if I want to do the big ride. If the forecast calls for the same kind of weather, I'm seriously considering being a no show.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by lauraelmore1033 View Post
    I keep vacillating between thinking I am ready to do the STP, and, alternately, thinking it is really a foolish risk to take. I've been doing the Cascade training rides just fine, but haven't been riding as much as I should during the week because I'm usually babying my back after the big ride on the weekend. We had our big century ride this weekend and, of course, it was hot as hell and I suffered most of the way. I ended up cutting it short at mile 85 because the numbness in my leg (which has never fully gone away) was growing. It wasn't actually any worse than it's been on other long rides, but in combination with the nausea, it seemed prudent to be more cautious. Still not sure if I want to do the big ride. If the forecast calls for the same kind of weather, I'm seriously considering being a no show.
    Hope you can work out what is best for you lauraelmore, I wish you the best of luck. I hope it's not as hot as it was earlier, that would be something to really think about. I know I would be thinking twice if I were doing it if it were going to be in the 90s, and that is without any other considerations.

At least it's going to be a little cooler in the short term, we'll see what next week brings.

Doing RSVP 1. Grand dog sitting during STP so will miss. Kinda sad we aren't doing it now as it gets closer. Rode 60 miles on your wonderful Centennial trail with our RSVP group on Sat. Nice trail. Love the new section. Got our hot weather training in!
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

We will be out there tomorrow, isn't that a great trail? I love the big red barn at the end. Glad you got a good training ride in, I HOPE it's not that hot for either of the big rides coming up.

Yes, the big red barn is really cool. Pretty hot out so didn't stay long. Way better than too cold or too wet though.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

WAY better! LOL.