Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Were you looking at the blackberry Vita? That may be worth the extra money I'm a visual person and it can sometimes be a real stumbling block.

I was out running errands on my Sirrus today and couldn't stop thinking what a great bike it is.
    That's the one. There is something about this rich deep plum in matte finish against silver steerer.

I think I will regret not getting vita, but I won't regret getting it. Decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hamilton View Post
    That's the one. There is something about this rich deep plum in matte finish against silver steerer.

I think I will regret not getting vita, but I won't regret getting it. Decisions, decisions...
    Methinks you have made your mind up

Get the Vita already!

Not an enabler. I swear.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hamilton View Post

Read that again. Out loud

Hi,

I had a Giant Cypress and replaced it with a Vita. I love my Vita. It has become my go to bike when the MTB and road bike do not quite fit the job. I have a Vita Elite and love it. It handles well and climbs like a dream. I am 5'2" so I can relate to shortness factor. My Cypress had shocks which I found to be heavy and pretty useless. My niece loves her Cypress and rides it on club rides with a bunch of roadies. I have owned Giant and Specialized bikes and have found the Specialized to be a better fit for me. Happy riding.
    Deany

"A girl can never have too many bicycles"

2008 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2012 Specialized Vita Elite
    2013 Specialized Myka Elite

Darn, now I need that Vita in that beautiful color.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

You, ladies, are ALL enablers.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Methinks you have made your mind up
    more or less:-)
    I decided to sneak out of work tomorrow, the LBS that carries Giants is right around the corner. I will ride Escape 1 one more time. It was the first bike I rode after many years of not riding. And it was so fast, I was scared riding. I want to try it out again, and get the owners bottom price. After work I will go to the LBS that carries Specialized with my hubby. It is close to where we live. I will try Vita one more time. and then I am going to make that decision. I know it is very anal, but I want to be absolutely sure that I am doing the right thing.
    BTW, used to live in Indianapolis, went to Butler, rode the Monon trail:-)
    Last edited by Lady Hamilton; 06-23-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deanywalker21 View Post
    Hi,

I had a Giant Cypress and replaced it with a Vita. I love my Vita. It has become my go to bike when the MTB and road bike do not quite fit the job. I have a Vita Elite and love it. It handles well and climbs like a dream. I am 5'2" so I can relate to shortness factor.
    see, this is exactly what I do not want to happen. If I get hooked, I will buy a proper bike for whatever I want to do. But in terms of my everyday kind of bike, I want something I love, that I can keep for a long time. My girl is 7, so in a few years she will be able to use it too. When we bought our iMac almost 5 years ago, we thought we were crazy. It was a big purchase, but we loved it. It still works, and we never repaired it.

TrekDianna,
    it is an absolutely stunning bike. The stock photo does not give it justice.

Buy it! You do not have to rationalize anything. You already said you could afford it, so unless the fit is wrong, that's the one.
    My friend who said she "would never get a road bike," started with a Vita. It absolutely hooked her, and 1.5 years later, she bought a Ruby. She still has the Vita, too.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

One thing I don't see mentioned (sorry if I missed it) is whether you plan to carry anything on the bike. If you commute to work you'll probably want a change of clothes and work-related items - tools, laptop, briefcase. If you plan to put a rack on the bike, rack bosses and eyelets will make the installation neater and more solid. Looks like the Vita gives you those. I'm not sure about the other choices.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    Darn, now I need that Vita in that beautiful color.

Yes, please. I need you to stay at least one bike ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    One thing I don't see mentioned (sorry if I missed it) is whether you plan to carry anything on the bike. If you commute to work you'll probably want a change of clothes and work-related items - tools, laptop, briefcase. If you plan to put a rack on the bike, rack bosses and eyelets will make the installation neater and more solid. Looks like the Vita gives you those. I'm not sure about the other choices.
    thank you. This is very important to know.

Here I go again singing the praises of the Vita.....if I could only have one of my fleet it would be the Vita. The FCR is a flat handle bar road bike and the Vita is just as nimble as the FCR 1. Be sure to check on the customer service and personality of the bike shop staff as well. It can make all the difference when you need service.
    Deany

I have a question ladies.
    I obviously loved Vita.
    However. When I was riding, my hands hurt. I felt like I needed to have my hands higher. and felt like I was pushing myself off the handles constantly. this is not normal, right?
    I will go and ride again today. But I do wonder if I should have a small bike instead of xs. So the saddle is a bit lower than the handles.
    Honestly, I did not have this problem with the other bikes, as far as I remember. I will ride them all again today to confirm what I am thinking.
    I felt like the gentleman at the Giant LBS was more helpful.

I am 5' 2" and my Vita Elite is a Medium. It may very well be about the fit. My FCR and Trek MTB are both XS's. My Ruby is also a Medium. Does the shop have different sizes you can try, even if not the same model you are looking at? Our Specialized dealer fit me for both bikes. My FCR feels small to me after riding the Vita. Good luck.
    Deany