Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Buying online if you can't get it in a shop?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I test rode a few bikes, various sized of the Ruby and Amira (between sizes), the Ridley Liz, one I forgot the name of because I hated it right away, and then one with SRAM components to get a feel for them (did not like them at all!). I loved the Amira SL4 Expert but sadly it was out of my price range and really surprising, the guy helping me said they are sold out almost everywhere. Because he was so honest and helpful for the 3 hours I was there, I tend to want to believe him. He even called Specialized and while they could get me the S Works frame with a swapped out fork for $2200, they just didn't have what I wanted. So...I googled it when I got home and found a '13 Amira SL4 Expert for $2175 including shipping here. Of course I'm wondering why it's that cheap, and yet still trying to convince myself not to whip out my credit card right now.

I hate the thought of not buying there when the guy was so awesome and helpful and spent so much time with me, but I don't want to wait until the end of the summer for the new models, and honestly, I can't really even afford it at the MSRP anyways. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Caren View Post
    So I test rode a few bikes, various sized of the Ruby and Amira (between sizes), the Ridley Liz, one I forgot the name of because I hated it right away, and then one with SRAM components to get a feel for them (did not like them at all!). I loved the Amira SL4 Expert but sadly it was out of my price range and really surprising, the guy helping me said they are sold out almost everywhere. Because he was so honest and helpful for the 3 hours I was there, I tend to want to believe him. He even called Specialized and while they could get me the S Works frame with a swapped out fork for $2200, they just didn't have what I wanted. So...I googled it when I got home and found a '13 Amira SL4 Expert for $2175 including shipping here. Of course I'm wondering why it's that cheap, and yet still trying to convince myself not to whip out my credit card right now.
    That website is full of broken English and typos. I would be wary.

I would suggesting that you Google the website selling that Amira. You will quickly learn what you need to learn about why they are selling the bike on the cheap.

As for what to do: It sounds like you either need to start saving or downgrade what level of componentry you can live with. Have you considered the Sport model of the Amira?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Yeah I saw the typos and the location when I was looking again on my phone at the daycare. I think I'd rather save my pennies and wait for the Amira or I've got my grandpa and the guy at the shop looking over the Look info to at least give me and educated guess. He said he could go with campy Athena or the Di2 and decent wheels for around the same cost as the Amira so I just need to figure out which way I want to go.

It won't be real. Specialized have had counterfeit frames appear online- which actually failed (and that's how they found out about them).

Specialized totally control all the world's distribution now themselves (after taking back over Oz/NZ a couple of years ago, the last independent distributer) and have very strict rules about how they sell. That includes NO ONLINE SALES.

Don't do it!