Monday I did a session with the trainer, after two weeks of little to no exercise except for some moderate bike riding and 6 days of driving. It wasn't a particularly challenging work out but it was enough to make me sweat and strain a little. Tuesday I was pretty stiff and sore so I went to the gym and did 1/2 hour each of elliptical, stair climber and stationary rowing- again not hard, just enough to get my heart rate to a moderate fat burn level. By Tuesday evening I was so stiff and sore that when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I found myself seriously debating whether it wouldn't just be easier and less painful to spend the rest of the night sleeping on the throne.

I finally managed to lever myself up, go to the sink , take an advil and crawl back into bed. By this am I felt almost human.

I mentioned this to my ride partner and she vowed that the next bathroom she has will have grab bars on either side of the bed and the toilet. We both laughed hysterically, but you know, it really is a good idea.